November 2012 Weddings
Options

Knot to bump?

Hey

NWR discussion, stealing this idea totally from the October boards for NWR talk.

How soon do you think you will jump over to the bump board?

We'll be trying right after the wedding, probably starting during the honeymoon, see what happens. 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
My BFP Chart
|| Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013

Re: Knot to bump?

• Options
    We want to wait a year or 2 after we get married to try. We want to get a house first because our apartment is a one bedroom and neither one of us are ready for kids yet. I have been getting some baby fever though but I know that we cannot do it just yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Never....FI and I aren't having any children. I like little ones but I have no desire to raise them.
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I stopped taking my BC pill a month ago and I've been taking prenatal vitamins for a little over a month.  We'll be trying to conceive immediately (as in, on our wedding night).  ETA: We've been together for 6 years, I'm 32, he's 30.  We've done our traveling.  We close on our house 2 weeks after the wedding.  That being said, we're ready to start a family!

I have no intention of using The Bump though.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well I did the opposite lmao. I hopped over from The Bump to here. I was pregnant back in 09/10'. We aren't trying for #2 for quite a while though so I don't plan on going back anytime soon, if at all (crazy hormonal ladies there haha, well some).
  • Options
    Ummmm, probably never. I don't think we'll be having children and from what I have seen, some ladies on there are even more craycray that on here.

You forgot the mention the nest, which is also an option. Not everyone jumps right from wedding to baby
  • Options
    5 years probably!  Even though we're a bit older (I'm 27 and he's 31) we both realize how selfish we still are, and we still have a LOT of traveling that we want to get done.  I think our 1st wedding anniversary will be a safari in South Africa!!  So we're in no hurry :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    At least 2 years. There's a whole big world out there that I want to see. Next year is the year of travel and hopefully buying a house. 2014 will be babies (hopefully)
  • Options
    We're planning for 6 months to a year. I think I'll also be staying away from the bump though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    We're going to wait awhile, I'm 26 and he's 25 so I'm thinking 5 or so years and we want to use that time to buy a house, travel, etc. I haven't ventured over to TheBump or Nest so I can't say for sure if I will use them as resources or not, but I guess I have some time to decide :)
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we will wait about 12 years. We also want to get a house before we have any kids.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_knot-to-bump?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:299b7b09-233f-4a92-9e38-8c6baf5a9ffePost:d91c0e35-4890-4a4a-90c6-73ed9c578777">Re: Knot to bump?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I stopped taking my BC pill a month ago and I've been taking prenatal vitamins for a little over a month.  We'll be trying to conceive immediately (as in, on our wedding night).  ETA: We've been together for 6 years, I'm 32, he's 30.  We've done our traveling.  We close on our house 2 weeks after the wedding.  That being said, we're ready to start a family! I have no intention of using The Bump though.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

We're similar in that I am 31, he is 36, got our house and everything we need and have done our travelling.  So we don't want to wait, especially if we ever have more than 1, it'll have to be close together (given his age moreso than mine, or so he says).  Yeah the bump seems nasty, I've snooped but dare not post. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_knot-to-bump?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:299b7b09-233f-4a92-9e38-8c6baf5a9ffePost:8cdaa9f6-7c94-4934-b9db-5ccdc935471e">Re:Knot to bump?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we will wait about 12 years. We also want to get a house before we have any kids.
    Posted by brandonmelissa12[/QUOTE]

<div>12 years?!  Just curious, how old are you?</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think we will start in about a year. I dont see the bump in my future though :)
  • Options
    Possibly next February/March. Nothing is set in stone though. I stopped taking birth control at the end of August just in case.

We closed on our house at the end of August, so we are mainly just waiting to be married and to be settled into the house to make sure we are absolutely financially stable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Probably about 2 years, we would like some "us" time before starting a family and FI would ideally like to switch job fields.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • Options

We aren't either.  I could go either way but FI doesn't want them.  I'm ok with that
  • Options
    We want to wait about a year. We don't want to wait too long because their cousins are all getting older and I've always wanted my kids to be close to their cousins. 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We already have kids: 3.  We have a house too.  We started having kids young so we are DONE!  We don't want anymore...now we want to focus on our lives, vacation and just watch our kids grow up. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards