Texas-Houston
Options

Seriously, is there ANYWHERE in this place

That does NOT require 5-0 supervision?! I'm serious!

Every single time I think "perfect!", there's nonsense about 2 security officers at $45/hr(per guard)...pfft, I can hire armed guards from Securitas(complete with CHL!) for $18hr/each!

This is ridiculous! I'm not having enough guests that drink! I have about 13 that will drink, and 30 that are either children, minors, or just don't drink!

This extra near-$350 ish is kicking me in the Ash!!!

Re: Seriously, is there ANYWHERE in this place

• Options

Sorry, but state law requires it - even if alcohol is only being served to 1 person.  And it has to be police or deputy - not a security service.

• Options
    Maybe there's an exception for hotels. We didn't have any police at our wedding. Neither did any of the 2 hotels we looked at. I did remember police being required at other non- hotel venues we looked at, but that was not the deciding factor.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    The Grove only requires it if you have over 100 people or something.  Which we don't, so we don't have to worry about security.

SaveSave
  • Options
    The Majestic Metro doesn't require security, I don't think. It's to keep your guests and the general public safe. It's not really that big of a deal. It just seems like a part of the budget that generally isn't included in TK's budget tool. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Take a look at TownHallTexas.com. Rustic wedding venue...easy restrictions and no xtra fees..5miles east of The Woodlands. Beautiful place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards