Outdoor Weddings

Entertainment

I am getting married at a zoo in May.  My fiance and I aren't big dancers so we don't want to have dancing at the wedding. We are having a friend use an IPOD to play background music. The ceremony starts at 5 and the reception ends at 10. Do you think guests will be bored with no dancing? Any suggestions on how to entertain guests?

Re: Entertainment

• Well if you have music and alcohol, you might have some people dancing even without a dance floor.  You don't have to have "no dancing" just because you and your FI don't dance.  If your guests dance, great, let them!

You don't really need to plan any entertainment though.  Adults know how to visit with friends over drinks and have a good time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with pp, just because you and FI don't like to dance doesn't mean your guests won't want to. If there's alcohol to be consumed and music playing, people will dance. All the weddings I've been to that were the most fun had good food, open bar, and lots of dancing. Some people don't like to dance, and if they don't, they won't, but there probably will be some that'll start dancing on their own and having a good time.

Like pp mentioned, you don't need to plan the entertainment, the guests will have a good time on their own, even if they start dancing on their own. And if no one starts dancing, that means they're having a great time meeting new people or catching up with old friends they haven't seen in a while. HTH!
  • HMMM....I would at least try to plan some other entertainment as well. My fiance's dad and uncles are not dancers in any sorts. They like to drink beer and play poker. So we are planning on having, obviously beer, and also a table reserved for playing card games. The cards we got off this site I think and are engraved on the back with our names and date and a symbol of some kind. We'll end up setting it up as far away from the dance floor as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards