Chit Chat
Options

Get sponsored???

I was wanting to know how do you get sponsor and what places would you reccomend or is it a bad idea? i dont know where to start or do if anyone could point me into the right direction i will greatly apperciate it! 

Re: Get sponsored???

• Options
    What are you looking to get sponsored for? Are you a race car driver? An athlete? A girlscout?
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    I think a sponsored by patch will look great on the train on your wedding dress. Sorry but no one is going to help you with this.  It's just so tacky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Please tell me you're not looking to have your wedding sponsored. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Becoming a sponsored athlete is a lot of work.  But I bet you'll get in great shape for your wedding!  
  • Options
    Not sure if I'd wanna be sponsored.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Sponsored for a green card?  That's tricky.  USCIS is on the look out for fraudlent marriages, so I'd try slipping him a love potion.  
  • Options
    never said i wanted to get sponsored just wanted to know how it work. I had many people tell me to look into it, also was unaware of some of the rude people here when i was just simply asking a question and was wanting to know what other people thought about it. Didnt know if someone was sponsored but in the end from what i got it seems to be a tacky thing to do.
    i guess thanks to those who responed and to those who were nice....
  • Options
    Maliza - the idea of "I'll pay for my wedding myself!" will always win on here and in real life over "Who can I get to pay for my choices?"

Every. single. time.  If you don't see that, then we can't help you.
  • Options
    i get that. but like i said "I WAS NOT WANTING TO GET SPONORED" at the same time there is no need for anyone to be RUDE. 
  • Options
    It's a rude idea.  Rude ideas are going to get snarky answers.
  • Options
    Unless you are a Kardashian, nobody will know what is from what company unless the company names and logos are plastered everywhere.  Can you imagine the dress?!!!  LMAO!  Even then, I highly doubt a company would sponsor unless it would be seen by 500 brides to be looking for vendors, otherwise there is nothing in it for them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:b1101aec-4161-4326-829b-e20f5b1a9c36">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this is a great idea!  The food could be sponsored by Kraft.  I love boxed Mac and Cheese and think it would make for a wonderful wedding dinner!
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Don't forget the Spam....

</div>
  • Options
    OP - Don't get pissy because people were having some fun trying to figure out what in hell you were talking about.  I married a Greek so to be sponsored means someone sponsors you to be married in the church.  I'm Catholic so someone sponsors you for confirmation.  Race car drivers have sponsors to pay for their expenses.  Incredibly rude and tacky people have sponsors to pay for weddings they can't afford.  Next time, try being clearer when you ask a question.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:7be5c2b0-34b5-4798-a990-01d83e1aaf25">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]i get that. but like i said "I WAS NOT WANTING TO GET SPONORED" at the same time there is no need for anyone to be RUDE. 
    Posted by maliza91[/QUOTE]

<div>Sweetheart, in spite of what you're saying here, your OP made it pretty clear you <em>were</em> wanting to get sponsored.  I don't know any people who ask how to do things they have no intention whatsoever of doing.</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:a477020e-7651-472c-919d-db28d7990013">Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wanting to know how do you get sponsor and what places would you reccomend or is it a bad idea? i dont know where to start or do if anyone could point me into the right direction i will greatly apperciate it! 

[QUOTE]i get that. but like i said "I WAS NOT WANTING TO GET SPONORED" at the same time there is no need for anyone to be RUDE. 

I'm not quite sure why somebody who "WAS NOT WANTING TO GET SPONORED"[sic] would post a question asking people how to go about getting sponsored. So please, enlighten me, because I'm dying to know.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:3fc837d3-9f86-49a3-bc3e-0901c6736897">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Linger, I don't think she's going to enlighten us.  By now she's on Wedding Bee telling everyone what a harrowing experience this was.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Are the WeddingBee answers "Oh!  What an AWESOME idea!!  I want someone else to pay for my wedding.  Tell me ANY tips you can come up with!!" mixed with "Those Knot biiiiitches."  ?

Seriously, pay for your own wedding.  That is the best advice anyone can offer (should anyone be lurking).
  • Options
    OP if you are looking for ways to havea  budget wedding, come over to the DFW board and we can help you find affordable vendors. You can totally have an amasing wedding you can affoed without sponsors.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:3881a347-042c-4802-88de-c333a501fe48">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get sponsored??? : I just really hope she contacts Kraft about sponsoring the food at her reception.  That's a reception I'd attend with bells on ;-)
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]
    Easy Mac or the classic?
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are not getting sponsored but we are kind of sponsoring a charity for our after-party.  Due to the room size for our ceremony we are keeping that to family and a few very close friends.  However our "Happily Ever After-Party" starts at 10 and we are asking guest to that to skip a gift and bring canned food items instead that will be donated to a large food bank here in our city right before the holidays.
    Make jokes. No stress. Love. Live. Life. Proceed. Progress.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:ba36a1e8-863d-4dbb-98c5-127ba8cde035">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get sponsored??? : The classic.  After all we are talking about a wedding dinner.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]
    Good point. Better not scrimp on the Kraft Mac 'n Cheese!
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:5fb2e4df-5cb9-4173-a13a-a46d92d2e7ab">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]never said i wanted to get sponsored just wanted to know how it work. I had many people tell me to look into it, also was unaware of some of the rude people here when i was just simply asking a question and was wanting to know what other people thought about it. Didnt know if someone was sponsored but in the end from what i got it seems to be a tacky thing to do. i guess thanks to those who responed and to those who were nice....

No one was being rude.  Some asked for clarification, some responded to your OP.  If you did not want honest responses, you should not have asked.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:188f5811-b8d7-4def-bbad-240c793b5fef">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get sponsored??? : Easy Mac or the classic?
    Posted by AceTT[/QUOTE]

Gotta be the classic.  Easy Mac would just be tacky.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    dragontrainerdragontrainer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I had no idea what "sponsors" were until I went to my friends wedding last year. I guess it is a tradition in a Filipino wedding. From what she told me, sponsors are normally aunts/uncles who help support them (Bride and Groom) financially.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:7be5c2b0-34b5-4798-a990-01d83e1aaf25">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:

I have had some experience with the rude/bitchy people on here too. Apparently there are several ladies on here (heard from several of my friends) they just like to call you out, make fun and just be bitches. It's really sad that there are so many women in this world that are so miserable that they have to make other people feel bad.
    Sorry you had to experience this too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:a04af7e8-3b6f-470d-aa94-83901e1e2e2d">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get sponsored??? : I have had some experience with the rude/bitchy people on here too. Apparently there are several ladies on here (heard from several of my friends) they just like to call you out, make fun and just be bitches. It's really sad that there are so many women in this world that are so miserable that they have to make other people feel bad. Sorry you had to experience this too.
    Posted by stefwells23[/QUOTE]

Thanks for calling us the b word.  That type of thing will get you banned.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:cf1b7403-d25e-45fd-b4d6-bd3e61599ce9">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get sponsored??? : Thanks for calling us the b word.  That type of thing will get you banned.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Did I call you or anyone a 'B' specifically? No, so why be like that?
    If I get banned, I get banned. I am simply pointing out the true behaviour of some people on here from personal experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I doubt the OP will come back after all this rudeness. How sad that we don't teach the young as to why this is not a good idea. As out of place as that question was it deserved an answer. The responses were beyond rude. I just signed up, but if this is how women "support" each other I want no part of it.

To the OP: The average person does not get sponsored. If you were in the position to get sponsered you would have several contact you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_get-sponsored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:935196a7-f1ad-4694-aa43-76a2012150a3Post:18c77fc4-8703-478a-acd3-2fc507b318f9">Re: Get sponsored???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I doubt the OP will come back after all this rudeness. How sad that we don't teach the young as to why this is not a good idea. As out of place as that question was it deserved an answer. The responses were beyond rude. I just signed up, but if this is how women "support" each other I want no part of it. To the OP: The average person does not get sponsored. If you were in the position to get sponsered you would have several contact you.
    Posted by lubster[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! I have only recently started using this site for ideas/tracking/support. Unfortunately, I have had more experience with the rudeness that has made me question if I should even bother being on here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards