California-San Diego

Hair Recommendations?

hi girls...i'm looking for an awesome hair stylist that can do hair on location for a reasonable price.  I already have a make-up artist so preferably someone who is willing to do hair only (since i know a lot of them do both).  extra bonus if they work well with curly hair :) any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!

Re: Hair Recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Mish Mucho, if you google her you can find her site.  I think she's pretty reasonable and she will come to your location.  I don't know about the expertise with curly hair, maybe that is something you can ask her?
  • K_sdK_sd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Mish Mucho. She is a sweetheart and my hair was fabulous! Booked her 3 times for my shoots!

Her website is www.mishmucho.com
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much for the recommendation! ive emailed her and it looks like we're going to set up a trial :)
  • klbartistklbartist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try Meleah. She is really nice and lots of energy. She is super experienced make up and hair artist. I have really curly hair and was nervous about the hair and makeup so we did a pre-do. It turned out great, she had me go home and take pictures throughout the evening to make sure it all stayed the way it was supposed to. I felt really relieved. She will probably be able to do your hair no problem. check her out she has a ton of pictures to look through at her website www.meleah.com
  • idaluisaidaluisa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll love Mish. I've done my trial run and it looked amazing and it was only the trial. I can only imagine what it will look like the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a stylist. www.mishmucho.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_hair-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:2bdcbe83-a34e-477a-a3ce-37f22d8accf2Post:20d0b57f-3848-41de-a984-577b71def94c">Hair Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi girls...i'm looking for an awesome hair stylist that can do hair on location for a reasonable price.  I already have a make-up artist so preferably someone who is willing to do hair only (since i know a lot of them do both).  extra bonus if they work well with curly hair :) any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!
    Posted by lovejord[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div><span style="color:#444444;font-family:arial, 'Lucida Grande', 'Bitstream Vera Sans', verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;background-color:#ffffff;">Worst decision! Do not use her!</span>

<span style="color:#444444;font-family:arial, 'Lucida Grande', 'Bitstream Vera Sans', verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;background-color:#ffffff;">I booked her over 6 months ago for a trial and for my wedding. Since I live out of town, I made sure to confirm my appointment and to keep in contact with her. 3 days before my flight to San Diego for this trial, I receive an email from her at 11:00pm saying she is cancelling my trial and my wedding. No phone call, no warning. Not only did she confirm my appt. but she knew I was flying in from out of town for this. The salon she works at confirmed my appt as well. They even called to confirm my appt after she cancelled on me. Clearly, there is a lack of communication between her and her salon.</span>

<span style="color:#444444;font-family:arial, 'Lucida Grande', 'Bitstream Vera Sans', verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;background-color:#ffffff;">Another thing. you cannot talk to her by phone. She only answers you via email on the weekends and it takes her a week, sometimes two for her to respond. I would never recommend her to anyone.  I am still waiting for her/her salon to return my deposit.</span></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards