Georgia-Atlanta

Bride Beautiful shop

Hello,

Has anyone used the Bride Beautiful shop on Roswell Rd in Atlanta? They carry the designers I want for BM and my own gown but I am warry of pushy sales people or high prices. Any reviews would be helpful! Thank you!

~NJ

Re: Bride Beautiful shop

• edited December 2011
    I am getting my dress and all of my BM dresses there. I have been very happy with them. I do kinda feel like they are dealing with 100s of brides and I'm just one of them, but I don't really care because the prices are so good.

The only thing I am pissed about with them is that the sizing for my BM dresses (Alfred Sung) is waaaaay off. All of my girls need alterations (big, small, short and tall... all of them) because the dresses are too big. I feel like it is Bride Beautiful's fault because they measured everyone and told them to buy sizes that aren't even close! One girl needs two fittings!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to 8 bridal salons in all in the search for my gown. Although I didn't end up getting my gown from Bride Beautiful, I had a decent experience there. 
    Overall, I found a spectrum from warehouse rummage to royal treatment. I didn't find anyone especially pushy. DO shop around for the best price on your gown. No one salon is a better value on all styles. You may need to do some investigation to find the designer info on your gown because salons do not want you to be able to price compare.
    Tier III: New Natalies, David's Bridal     Pros: Large selection, low prices, many selections under 1K     Cons: Staff not friendly, did not feel like a special occasion, had seen same                        gowns on my friends, crowded and unorganized
    Tier II: Bride Beautiful, Bride's by Demetrios      Pros: Friendly staff, less crowded than the 'warehouses', felt less rushed      Cons: Selection under 1K limited, crowded during 'peak' times  
    Tier I: La Raine's, Kelly's Closet, Pricilla of Boston      Pros: Felt like a total princess, high end fabrics/materials, had the place to                        myself      Cons: More limited selection, Expensive
    Additionally, if you are going to Bride Beautiful, check out Bridal Sense. They are practically next door. They have 'once loved' wedding gowns and carry a selection of BM dresses. I got my gown at Demetrios and my BMs at Bridal Sense (DaVinci).
    Good luck and remember to enjoy it! Try to go off peak hours if you can!! :)
    Julia
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my MOB and BM dresses from them.  Really the experience with them has been mixed, ranging from really great to eh, not so much.  I'd definitely check them out though.
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from there - and they recommended me a size that was too short! However, they realized it was their mistake and had the dress sent out to have a major alteration done to it (replacing the entire front of the dress) at no cost to me. So, even though they made a mistake, they were super nice and are fixing it for me, so my review of them is positive. My consultant is Cheri, and she is one of the least pushy, nicest bridal consultants I met in my shopping adventures.

Also, there is this tiny place in kennesaw called "A Formal Occasion", and its a family run business, and although I didn't buy from them, it was a great, relaxed place, and I was the only girl there trying on dresses both times I went.
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress there and went yesterday with my girls to select bridesmaid dresses. I have enjoyed my experiences each time and so have my bridesmaids.

I think that the selection is great and of course, if you don't see a specific dress from a designer that you want, they are willing to order and my consultant (I also worked with Cheri) pulls similar dresses, fabrics, colors and styles to let me get a feel for what the dress is that they do not have in stock.

As for sizing...she made it clear to us that while she took measurements and showed us a SIZING GUIDE from the designer, she would not dictate the size of the dress that we ordered. Each of us looked at our measurements, discussed the chart, and decided based off our own common sense and her answers to our questions which dress size to order.

I will let you know how things go from here. I would recommend them based off of my experiences so far though.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I had a horrible experience there..the sales lady actually made my MOH cry. If you google them you can read the reviews..not very good reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    I just made an appointment to go there when my mom is in town in a week...so I'll let you know what I think!  I have only ever been to New Natalies, and DB and had kind of bad experiences both places with consultants.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge:Favorite Snack
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_bride-beautiful-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:b82fbcfe-0cb1-4932-8cfc-8b6c0d4ca63cPost:f16fa560-b5ff-4872-ac7a-b363364f3737">Re: Bride Beautiful shop</a>:
    [QUOTE]I purchased my dress there and went yesterday with my girls to select bridesmaid dresses. I have enjoyed my experiences each time and so have my bridesmaids. I think that the selection is great and of course, if you don't see a specific dress from a designer that you want, they are willing to order and my consultant (I also worked with Cheri) pulls similar dresses, fabrics, colors and styles to let me get a feel for what the dress is that they do not have in stock. As for sizing...<strong>she made it clear to us that while she took measurements and showed us a SIZING GUIDE from the designer, she would not dictate the size of the dress that we ordered</strong>. Each of us looked at our measurements, discussed the chart, and decided based off our own common sense and her answers to our questions which dress size to order. I will let you know how things go from here. I would recommend them based off of my experiences so far though.
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she did that with me too, and I picked the size, but with my designer, there were options for different lengths that were NOT on the sizing guide, and she made a recommendation to me which happened to be incorrect sizing for me. But like I said, they are fixing it, so I still like them.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress there, and I also ordered my bridesmaid dresses there.  I have had good experiences all around.  Ask for Taquita...she's the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards