Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Vendor Questions

Any reviews for the following vendors....Kortnee Kate Photography, Studio Z Films, Poetic Cinema, & Spoon Fulla Sugar Bakery?  We are looking for a great cake but at a great cost.  Our guest count is around 450.  
Also, does anyone know where to buy fabric to decorate (like hanging from the ceiling) in bulk or wholesale?

Re: Vendor Questions

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poetic Cinema (Dan) is amazing.  One of our favorite vendors by far - he really gets to know you in order to understand what to focus on for your big day.  His prices are reasonable for the incredible end result - his video clips always make me cry!  I love his video style - it seems very personal, yet it captures the entire day as well.

Spoon Fulla Sugar is doing our cakes - in the time that we've worked with them, they changed from a walk in bakery to an order-only bakery and shuffled some staff around, so there was a bit of a communication problem.  But once that was rectified, it's been fine working with them.  Their cakes taste great and they offer unique flavors that we didn't see elsewhere (pumpkin spice, amaretto, etc.).  They aren't the most expensive or the least expensive, and you get a great product for what you pay for.  They are awesome at cake designs - they can go simple or very intricate. 

I would highly recommend both vendors!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're using Dan from Poetic Cinema and we love him.  He's talented, his prices are affordable for the video you're getting, and we can't stop saying good things about him.

For the fabrics, do you want to DIY?  I would get a coupon online from JoAnn Fabrics.  If going pro, I know that my DJ at Party Pleasers offers ceiling-to-floor length draperies.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your wedding this weekend, cincy2011! Can't wait to see pics!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    muldoomimuldoomi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Spoon Fulla Sugar and they were fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone. Not only did the cake taste great, but the design was amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used flying buttercream for my cake...her prices are SO reasonable and I got SO MANY compliments on our delicious cake. good luck!
  • Options
    newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using flying buttercream. You really can't beat her prices and its really delicious. I didn't like spoon fulla sugar that much. maybe it was just a dry batch or something but it didn't do much for me. lots of girls on here love them so maybe its just me...
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_vendor-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:82774e12-f345-455f-9047-3e807d7e30ccPost:d2d54585-5936-4331-b919-4bd8c3706a4e">Re: Vendor Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on your wedding this weekend,  cincy2011 ! Can't wait to see pics!
    Posted by clearheavens[/QUOTE]

Thanks clearheavens!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  We have had a tasting with Spoon Fulla a Sugar and Flying Buttercream is booked for our date.  Has anyone heard of Ele Cake Co in West Carrollton?  Or any other suggestions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Which vendors do you need suggestions for exactly?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cake bakeries is what I'm working on at the moment!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a taste testing at Tres Belle Cakes and we found it the most delicious.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kmorgan28kmorgan28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Spoon Fulla Sugar, and really love them!  They were so nice at our tasting, and we thought their cake was the best by far.  I let my FI decide, since he has the sweet tooth.. and he loved it.  Plus, I loved the options of cake, including the hummingbird cake.  I thought since we met in the south, we'd do a southern cake tradition!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards