Getting in Shape
Options

Hunger Scale

Morning ladies.  I'm here at work and trying to turn my snacking and calorie binge at work around this week.  Coupled with some advice I got last week on these boards I'm going to try this Prevention hunger scale.  I'm pretty new to this particular board so I apologize if this has already been posted a gazillion times.  But in case it hasn't the link is below.  Sometimes I feel a bit confused about how hungry I truly am so I thought I'd use this and see how it goes.  Anyone else try this before?

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/6-ways-stop-overeating/1-use-hunger-scale

Re: Hunger Scale

• Options
    I actually have more of a problem if I wait till I'm truly hungry to eat because then I tend to overdo it. When I'm at work I know when the appropriate times for me to eat are and I keep the snacks small so I'm within my calorie limit for the day.

My ability to sense when i'm satisfied food-wise and when I'm actually hungry is hard. I feel like I'm only good at knowing the extremes with any certainty (starving - when I overdo it and eat too much junk food usually, and stuffed!).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_hunger-scale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:64eac453-5258-4917-9a01-bb255c6afd0bPost:2ae4139a-73a6-46d6-a4ff-c2614adb5f57">Re: Hunger Scale</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually have more of a problem if I wait till I'm truly hungry to eat because then I tend to overdo it. When I'm at work I know when the appropriate times for me to eat are and I keep the snacks small so I'm within my calorie limit for the day. My ability to sense when i'm satisfied food-wise and when I'm actually hungry is hard. I feel like I'm only good at knowing the extremes with any certainty (starving - when I overdo it and eat too much junk food usually, and stuffed!).
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

Same here!  I'm good at knowing the extremes but not so much gauging my appetite when I'm not really full but I'm not starving either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards