Second Weddings

Updates

Well, N and I made our rounds this past weekend and we were not judged at all minus my dad telling me he told me so about my ex. So excited. N is excited. I am excited life is good.

Now we are starting to plan. And our biggest problem has been when do we want to do this. We want to plan with a nice honeymoon afterwards perhaps a cruise to enjoy the beginnings of our life together.

Also, we want to get married next year but my divorce is just final on the 25th. I do not think anyone will really know but we know we do not want to get married in the hottest part of the summer and probably no earlier than April next year.

What is everyone else doing?

Re: Updates

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    My divorce was finalized more than 11 years before our July 2011 wedding (FI's was finalized in 2006).  We planned around multiple family events, ended up with an 18 month planning timeline and still had other things come up that would have made other people postpone.  Not us, though!  We didn't look back once we chose our date.
  • glad to hear I'm not the only one remarrying shortly after divorce is final... not everyone knows that often divorce takes FOREVER!!  ugh....  we have not set the date yet but are hoping for late Sept!! 
  • Divorced 1999, engaged 2004, married 2006.  DH is a teacher, so had to be summer.  We chose which summer, then our venue.  Picked our date from their available dates. That date ended up one week after a friend's wedding date, but they ended up breaking up, so there were no other conflicting dates.  Our date-aversary was in Feb, and our engage-aversary was October, so there were no sentimental dates involved.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:c0c20829-ebb7-48d0-bfb9-27eca3cc8075Post:eeea8187-3c18-40f9-8dab-c03665567e9f">Re: Updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]glad to hear I'm not the only one remarrying shortly after divorce is final... not everyone knows that often divorce takes FOREVER!!  ugh....  we have not set the date yet but are hoping for late Sept!! 
    Posted by gfam23[/QUOTE]

I was married 2 weeks, seperated after only 5 months, and my divorce has taken over 3 years. My ex was on my health insurance and are on semi decent terms so it was not an issue until I met N. Then my ex started giving me a hard time about the divorce until I finally got a good attorney and rammed it through.

N and I started dating early last year. We just moved in together and our house burnt down, moved in with his dad for a month, a hotel for a month, and found a rental last fall/winter, and just now really letting people know we are together and getting serious. We have not really announced our enagement publicly yet until the divorce is final because even though my ex is and has been engaged since 2 weeks after we were married, he still gets angry that I have moved on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards