Illinois-Chicago

Gown Shopping

Hi!  Can I please get some recommendations for great places to go dress shopping?  I'm looking for places in the south or western suburbs.  Also, does anyone have experience with Francia's Bridal Salon in HInsdale or Bella Bianca in Oakbrook Terrace? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gown Shopping

• edited December 2011
    I've actually had great experiences with David's Bridal. Their gowns are still gorgeous while managing to be affordable and they were very patient with any and all questions.
  • edited December 2011

I boughgt my gown at Here Comes the Bride in Addison. They have been wonderful! It is a smaller store so the service is more personalized. They are a sample shop so you can buy right off the rack or order. I ordered my dress and it came in month earlier than they anticpated. I am actually going to try in  on for the first time this Sunday!!! 

• edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Bella Bianca, however, I don't think they have a lot of larger sizes.  If you are needing something bigger than say a 12, you may want to go somewhere else.  If it's not an issue I think it would be a good place.

• edited December 2011
    I didn't go to Francia's in Hinsdale because it got really awful reviews online.  I bought my dress from Aisle Style in Elmhurst and the store owner was incredibly nice and helpful.  Some of my bridesmaids bought their dresses from Bridal Mansion in Lisle.  I have reviews of both in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    The Crystal Bride in Geneva is a fantastic place :).  I had a wonderful experience there!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at a sample sale and veil and headpiece at Wolfsfeldts bridal in Aurora. I loved both of my experiences there- the salesladies were helpful and not pushy and one helped me find a sample gown on sale for $300 that was exactly like the dress I wanted. Don't judge a book by its cover (the outside of their building is old looking) they were wonderful to work with.
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    Crystal Bride in Geneva! Ask for Chante, she's awesome. :)
  • edited December 2011
    This is great!  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited White Satin Bridal in Plainfield, A Joyful Occasion in Naperville, Bella Bianca in Oakbrook Terrace, The Dress by Nicole in Wheaton, and The Crystal Bride in Geneva.  I ended up purchasing my gown from Crystal Bride and have had a FANTASTIC experience with them.  I highly recommend the store and I worked with Heather, whom I also highly recommend.  White Satin was fine, but I didn't mesh well with my consultant.  Would not recommend A Joyful Occasion or The Dress by Nicole.  Bella Bianca was nice, but the consultant put me in a dress that was $1500 more than the budget I gave her...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second Here Comes the Bride in Addison!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Here comes the Bride in Addison. I worked at Pampered Chef just around the corner which is how I found it. It's a great place to start looking because it's a smaller shop with a real hands up feel to it. I didn't find my perfect dress there. I ended up buying off the rack from Irena Bridal in Villa Park which went bankrupt shortly after I purchased my dress (thank goodness I have it in hand!!!)

The only other place I went was House of Brides and I give it two thumbs WAY DOWN!
  • Allison8879Allison8879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just bought my dress last night!!! yeah!!! i live downtown, so bought it at dimitras on oak street. shockingly, i found dresses there that were often priced less (under $2k) and *much* better quality, design, etc... than the stores in the NW burbs that i visited w/ my mom. it's worth checking out a few downtown boutiques if you have the time (dimitras was my favorite, but also quite good were mira couture and vwidon).
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at Bella Bianca, but ulimately picked a gown from Priscilla of Boston in Oak Brook. I also went to The Dress by Nicole for mother's dresses and they had some pretty gowns, but a small selection compared to the other stores.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second what Jennifer said, go to Crystal Bride in Geneva and ask for Chante!  She was my consultant and she did an amazing job.  I showed her my pictures and told her what I was looking for and she knew exactly what to put me in.  The first dress she picked out for me was the one amazingly enough (even though I tried on all the others).  It's worth the drive if you aren't that close. 
  • cressett7cressett7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I went to Brides by Demitrios in Schaumburg and had an awful experience.  Then I went to Shelly's Bridal in Dundee and liked alot of dresses but didnt find what I was looking for.  I ended up getting my dress at Volle's in Lake Zurich.  Everyone was so nice there and the prices were reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards