January 2013 Weddings
Options

Chaos doesn't even begin to cover it

So after Friday which was a nightmare, things calmed down a bit. FI has been staying with me and my family for the past few days and will be staying with us for the next few days at least. It's been nice to not have any added expectations put on us. My family is very chill, all things considered. And it's been nice just to spend some time with my family without having to be or go anywhere else. I've enjoyed it.

Saturday we hauled out to Rolla, MO for my cousin's graduation.

Yesterday, we were supposed to go look at houses, but the realtor didn't get back in touch with us until almost 5:00 PM so that got smashed.

But looking at my calendar for the next few weeks, I am in a panic. I haven't touched wedding stuff for almost a week and it is starting to show. At this point, I'm not sure how we're going to get everything done. oiy. Less than 3 weeks now. 19 days. oh goodness. I have a lot to do. :-S

Re: Chaos doesn't even begin to cover it

• Options
    staar987staar987 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    I'm happy to hear that things are calming down a bit!

Deep breaths. Don't panic. If you don't already have one. Make a list of things that need to get done. List them in order of importance. That way if the little things don't get done, it is okay.

I think we all just need to enjoy the holiday season and spend relaxing time with our families despite all of this stuff we have to get done!

• Options
    Heroes- sorry to hear that, but glad he is with your family now..and you.  That must be soo much better for you guys!!  Can he stay there until the wedding?
    Good luck house hunting!  It's stressful but so much fun too.  I just love seeing the different layouts of the houses.  Again- wish we could buy one too!

Staar- amen about enjoying the holidays and taking a break almost, to relax!!  : D
    God is Faithful!
  • Options

WS- I don't think he wants to. I think as glad as he is to be out of his house, I don't think he wants to put any more strain on the relationship than is already there. He even considered going back the night everything happened, but I'm proud of him that he stood his ground. He really just needed some time away. I think this week being apart will be good for him and then after that, we only have two more weeks until he's permanantly out of his house. As much as his family drives him nuts, he does still love them and feel responsible to them. I think nostalgia will hit him around Christmas and he'll want to be home. I won't blame him for wanting to go back.

It's been awesome having him around all the time. I will be glad when we have our own place. Hopefully we'll find something on Wednesday that we can start moving on ASAP

• Options
    I hear you..thats kinda what has been happening to my Fi too.  Nostalgia (Christmas)..
    He has wanted to be at his Mom's house more (he just moved out a few months ago for the first time ever) and its been driving me nuts.  But yea, I need to extend some more grace to him also- it's his first time out of the house and especially during this time of year.  He has made me a promise that after Christmas- it will be easier.  I hope so.
    I don't want to feel like I am "forcing him" to live in an apartment with me- but thats life.  Ya know?  I know he wants to be with me (obviously- or I wouldnt be on here LOL), but I just want him to really take the lead and do whats right for BOTH of us. 
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards