Ohio-Northeast

essence of love photography

has anyone worked with essence of love photography? or know someone that has? they seem ok...i've budgeted to find a photographer for under $1000, which is turning out to be difficult.

Re: essence of love photography

• edited December 2011
    We chose them as our photographer....so far they have been great and I am more and more impressed with their work as they post it. They are young so not the most professional but they are fun. My wedding isn't until 2010 so I can't tell a yet how they are to work with. Hope this helps though!
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I can't tell you anything about them, but I also had a limited budget and we went Michelle Brown photography.  So far all we've had is our engagment shoot, but I'm very happy with it! http://www.michellebrownphotographyohio.com/index2.php?v=v1Good luck!
  • angie_mattangie_matt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Until now I had never heard of them. I just looked at their website and noticed a few things. 1. They don't have any photos in their portfolio taken during wedding ceremonies. 2. All the couples look like they're models. Just makes me wonder how much experience they've had. If they're new and hiring models to photograph because they need stuff for their website. 3. Why are their prices so low? When we were shopping around for our photographer, the average photography package in this area was around $2700. Just makes me wonder a little. If everyone else is charging 3x's as much as this couple, it would raise a red flag for me that they may be inexperienced with photographing weddings.
  • Ange1023Ange1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My budget for photography is 1500 or less, and I going to be calling essence of love this week. They are new, but even Genevieve Nisly had to start somewhere. Maybe they are the hot new thing. Maybe the average cost of a photographer in NEO is $2700, but I found plenty of options under that amount and many closer to 1000. Just google (a lot) and look outside of your direct area. Photographers out of Cuyahoga county might be less expensive.
  • lpalladlpallad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mark Kaminoski is another option (link in Bio under vendors) hes new - but we really like his portfolio and he showed us complete weddings that he did and they look great!!!!
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, all the people on the website are surprisingly good looking...not average at all!  However, the pictures are gorgeous!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I booked them for my June 2010 wedding.  Yes they are young, but they seem to be very talented.  Who says that you need to spend more than $1,000 for a good photographer. Now you get you pics on CD.  Nothing is printed out for you.  That's one way to cut costs also.  So they need to be taking photo's of ugly people?? That's insane.  They have a great website.  The problem you are going to find on here is that people will guide you to spend too much on these vendors.  Maybe not everyone, but from what I've noticed at least.  I did ALOT of hunting for different photographers and I actually found a few that were very reasonable. Now if you want to also have a videographer, you can try Lifesmomentsphotography.com  They do video and photo... had I found them first, I maybe would have booked both with them.  Video is only $750 and that's all day plus you get an unedited plus 5 copies of an edited cd.  HTH
  • golf*bridegolf*bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Their pictures look great -- I saw plenty on their site of ceremonies and what looked like real weddings.  My recommendation is to meet with them to go over weddings they've done and look at all the pictures to see if their style matches what you're looking for.  Photography varies greatly in price...... I wouldn't base a decision on what is average.
  • edited December 2011
    Another thing, their prices are going up next year... so make sure you look at the 2010 prices.  They are opening a studio next month and that's why they are raising them.  IF/when you meet with them, their albums they show you have all the same pictures as their website, but it's nice to see them in person and in print.  Vitaly and Tatiana are a reaally nice and cute couple.  You will love them. 
  • angie_mattangie_matt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PP: I did not see any photos taken during wedding ceremonies. Did I miss something? I guess I just don't understand why they're so inexpensive. Just makes sense to be priced with every other pro.
  • vmcelhanvmcelhan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    never heard of them but ditto pp...just because you don't dump thousands on a photographer does not in anyway mean that you're not going to get the same quality pictures and experience.  we spent $1,500 with michelle hamlin and got what is typically a $3,500 - $5K package, same quality, same enthusiasm, same professionalism, same experience, just a little lighter on the pocketbook.if you're willing to dig, google, and research the you'll find a lot of wedding vendors who deliver five star service/products for a two star budget.  just a little something i learned along the way that saved me a ton of money :)
  • Bright121Bright121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another option... I am using Dv8ed Photography, which i've never heard talked about on here! He is very unique! New to the wedding photography world, thats why his prices are so great! They have actually gone up a little since I booked because he's getting so busy. Check him out.... my e-pics were beautiful! www.dv8ed.com
  • setcodesetcode member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Affordable Wedding Photographer http://www.photosasa.com
  • jaimster85jaimster85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They put the most time in their edits than any of the 6 photographers I talked to. You usually have to pay more for that. Maybe thats why they look so much like models on the site. Their camera was also 25megapixels which is super nice if you buy blown up pics. I couldn't find another photographer to come close! You could always ask them not to edit so much. I also noticed they didn't have very many ceremony pics and when i asked them about it they provided me with some. The family pics are some of the easiest shots so they post more of their candid style. They are cheap because they are new. Since I've signed up they have already started raising prices do to demand. I think they will really be awesome photographers, just have not gotten their name out their yet.
  • edited December 2011
    Please read reviews about our company on "the knot" and other sites.
    All of the photos on the web site are from real weddings, we never hired models.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards