January 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding and Honeymoon Recap

Sorry in advance if this gets long!

I woke up the day of the wedding very calm, I wasn't nervous or anxious at all. Around 930 the hair and make-up artist showed up to do my hair and make-up as well as my sisters hair. The morning flew by! Next thing I know the photographer is knocking on the door at 12. We took a few getting ready pictures and decided that due to the space that we would do the details and getting dressed pictures at the mansion.

We arrived at the mansion around 1 and started taking pictures. It felt a bit rushed at that point because I knew we only had an hour before I was to do my first look with DH. That hour flew by too! I started to get a little but anxious when I was about to do our first look pictures. I don't think i'll forget that moment, DH was speechless! I'm so glad we had that moment to ourselves. Just before the first look pictures I caught a glimpse of MIL, she wore a ridiculous low cut dress. I swear my mouth dropped when I saw her, this normally very conservative dressing woman had a dress on that showed half her breasts! It really didn't surprise me though, she had to prove a point somehow.  We did all the romantic bridal party pics and it was time for the ceremony!

I remember standing in line waiting to go around the coroner to the ceremony spot and suddenly freaking out that I shouldn't be in my shoes (my purple glitter high heels) that I should wear flip flops instead! It was my internal moment of panic that I knew I was going to have. I managed to talk myself into keeping the heels on. There ceremony space of breath taking, it turned out far prettier than  I could have imagined. I entered to an instrumental version of Marry Me by Train and we walked down the isle as husband and wife to Good Life by One Republic. I hope to have the video posted soon so I wont go into crazy detail. I will just say that there were lots of laughs!

The reception was so much fun! Dinner was amazingly yummy, who knew chicken could taste so good! Everyone had a blast with the nurf guns! I remember a moment where i was standing in a corner on the patio to just stop and watch everyone, its one of those moments I wont forget. Everyone had huge smiles, you could tell they were plotting who the next victim was going to be for their next nurf bullet. I've heard that lots of people have said it was one of the most fun weddings they have gone too, I consider that mission accomplished!

The honeymoon was amazing! In Grand Caymen we got to swim with the sting rays... they're HUGE but so graceful. In Belize we went snorkeling in the worlds 2nd largest barrier reef. I came within 10 feet of a good 3 foot long barracuda, it was awesome! We did some shopping in Cozumel and Roatan. I fell in love with Roatan, it reminded me so much of Jamaica. The waters were beautiful everywhere in went! Oh our first stop in Florida was Walt Disney World, the super nice lady at the Disney shop at the hotel gave us convention pricing on our tickets, which saved us about 70 bucks!

I can't wait to settle in to life as a married couple. It doesn't feel any different at this point though, we've lived together for 2 years so I didn't really except it too. Now its just time to get finances in order so we can hopefully try to start a family sometime in the late summer or fall.
Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Wedding and Honeymoon Recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards