North Carolina

~*~ snow dance ~*~

I don't want to work tomorrow, beause I have a feeling the people I need to talk to won't be here and I'll be stuck all day again.  So *^* snow dance *^* that we get some weather tonight. 

And )*( safety dance )*( for all the people who have to get out in whatever weather we do get.

So...if you were snowed into your house tonight (not that that's really going to happen) what would you do tomorrow?

I would bake bread, it's my favorite thing to do on a snow day because I'm actually there to let it rise and shape it and all that.  I have a recipe that takes 18 hours from the time you start mixing to the time you start baking, and you have to do something to it after 4 hours, then after 6 hours, then after 8 hours, so it's not the kind of thing you can do much during the week  If I just make bread in the evening I'll make a quick loaf, and it doesn't have time to develop flavor like it does with a slow rise. 

Re: ~*~ snow dance ~*~

• edited December 2011
    I have an 11am math final tomorrow so I would be okay with them canceling it. But FI and I are also driving to Greensboro from Charlotte tomorrow so safety dance for me.
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the county I teach for has already given us a 2 hour delay!! so excited :)
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the snow dance too. I would love to sleep in tomorrow, watch tv, and relax with some hot chocolate!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_snow-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:38ed04e5-421e-4eb4-9817-2c4253aab365Post:5d972d02-2d54-4db3-9435-dc61b3ddb2d0">Re: ~*~ snow dance ~*~</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an 11am math final tomorrow so I would be okay with them canceling it. But FI and I are also driving to Greensboro from Charlotte tomorrow so safety dance for me.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling they would postpone rather than cancel, and that would probably throw off your driving plans.

But <em>)*( safety dance )*(</em> none-the-less.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I had an 8am final that's been pushed back to 10 am. . .ironically though, I'm kind of sad about it. I'd rather just go ahead and get it over with.

Anyways. . if they were to completely cancel (which they never do) I have to clean a saddle that's been in my garage for almost 2 weeks now and some wrapping and just vegging :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I also have a final in the AM, and FI will never miss work.

Safety dance for EVERYONE!!!

Too bad I can't get snowed in with my love:( haha
    est. 9.17.2011
    furBRAT Tess:)
  • edited December 2011
    I will definitely bake cupcakes if I don't have to work tomorrow. I really don't want to go to Greensboro tomorrow so if it snowed in Raleigh and Greensboro I would be so happy!!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Delaying schools mean no slow school busses on the beltline!  It's crazy--they're predicting less than an inch?  I still have to go to work (I'm and RN) so I guess I need the safety dance.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • edited December 2011
    I hope everyone is safe & gets their snow day -- I can't wait to be back and see some snow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards