African American Weddings
Options

I've lost my mind

I am 53 days from my wedding and deciding to do some DIY projects. I'm going to start my cake topper this weekend. And then my flower girls can't drop flower petels at my church where we are getting married so I decided I was going to look into pomanders. The flower ones take to much time and I ran across the ribbon ones so I will be make 3 of them. Think I'm going to do them in shades of royal blue and silver since the flower firls are wearing ivory.  I don't think I'm going to do the flowers on top like are shown in the link below though

http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-wedding-challenge-2010-ribbon-pomanders
Anniversary

Re: I've lost my mind

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!!! Have you thought about getting your BM's to help?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you've lost it... I think you're smart. 

Just don't become a procrastinator in the process. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Soon2B see that's why your my new best friend positive encourgement.

@Baesmom only 3 of my BM live here one is my sister who is taking the BAR right now and I know she is going to want to unwind some after studying for the past 3 months. One just had a baby in April so I may hit up the other one and see if she will help. But my plan is for this to be something to do while i'm watching tv at night and on weekends so I'll get them done. Going to probably hit up Hobby Lobby this weekend they have a sale on ribbon.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Those are going to be super cute.

Those shouldn't be too hard.  You can do it, just get a plan together and go from there.  I'm a list person though.

-Make a list of the supplies you need, gather your coupons and go purchase on your way home from work a couple evenings

-Start and finish your cake topper this weekend

-Start to assemble your pomanders over the next 3-4 weekends

Then you are done and still have a couple weekends to do other stuff or just relax, not to mention all the weeknights you could do stuff, so you may get done sooner.

GL!!!!

• Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is not too bad of a DIY list you can do it be sure to post pics when you are done!

Shout out to the less than 2 month club!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That project wedding website has great ideas. Good luck!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh you can do it.... Just do not stress out..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards