Virginia
Options

Blocking rooms

Hey all,

Well I got my venue, the Lesner Inn, on August 27, 2011, now I need to block a set of rooms for out of town of guests.  Virginia Beach Hotels are out of their minds, 249.00 dollars really.  Who would pay that. Anyone have any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Blocking rooms

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you go a little ways away from the beach? Maybe it wouldn't be as expensive but it would require more of a drive for your guests

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where Lesner Inn is located, but I would try the Hilton Garden Inn in Pembroke/Town Center. It's pretty close to the beach, but far enough away to be cheaper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've been to two weddings (and invited to a third) at the Lesner (which is why we aren't getting married there!).  The wedding hotel is always the Virginia Beach Hotel & Conference Center which is right down the street.  http://www.virginiabeachresort.com/ My friend is getting married this summer and that is her block hotel and rooms are $150 per night.  I just checked your dates and hers, and both are $225 a night normally so I'm assuming you can get that $150 night rate.  There's also a Travel Lodge right down the road but I wouldn't get a block there.  I put a "cheap" hotel as a suggestion on my website just so people would have another option.

Other hotels on the strip would be a little bit of a drive.  Question though- you say $250 per night, is that what the hotel is quoting you for a block??  I'm getting married in Va Beach and booked a block at a Marriott and the original price was $209/night but the group rate is $139 (granted your date is more high season than mine). 

PP above mentioned the Hilton Garden Inn at Town Center- it's a 15-20 minute drive to the Lesner (I live right near it). 

Enjoy the Lesner- it's a gorgeous venue :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone thinking we are going to go with the Hilton Virginia Beach Town Center, and going to get transportation to and from the venue for our guests, for a much better price.

The Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center quoted us 191.00, including tax, so that might be where the difference is. The Holiday inn Oceanfront said just under 250.00, which I think is ridicolous, but if they can get that, good for them. Just not from me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you will love the Lesner Inn. I've shot many weddings there & have to say those folks do everything 110%. Beautiful setting & great peeps to work with! Best wishes!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards