Pre-wedding Parties

Shower AFTER the wedding??

Small Wedding  out of state.  Many family members are not able to attend because of cost.  Thinking of having a bridal shower AFTER the wedding to share photos, video and stories of the wedding/honeymoon and open gifts.  Want to invite men as well as the ladies.   Any comments???  Is this proper???

Re: Shower AFTER the wedding??

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It just isn't proper.

You can certainly have a post-wedding get together with the guests who were invited to the wedding but not able to attend. 

However:
    1) If you were thinking of hosting your own shower, this would be very bad etiquette.

2) Showers are held before and not after the wedding.

3) Everyone invited to any pre or post wedding function should be invited to the main event.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  Sorry, but this is an awful idea for all the reasons that banana listed.

Have a post wedding gathering.  Just don't call it wedding related.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry this is a BIG NO-NO. I

f you would like to have a post-wedding dinner to share photos, video, etc. do just that. Don't call it a shower, instead maybe a celebration dinner.
  • kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking maybe you aren't meaning a wedding shower per say but a wedding celebration similar to those that do destination wedding at home receptions. 

I would think you could have a wedding celebration where you can have a dinner or luncheon and share your photos and stories. Open gifts (if there are any-as you shouldn't expect any). And spend time with the family that means the most to you. I don't see why you couldn't do "something" in celebration because AHR are becoming more common (I personally don't care for a reception type form but a dinner or lunch would be nice). 

Agree don't call it a shower. Here is a invite saying you could use: 
      Love isn't love 'til you share it with those close to you  
    We, Groom's name and Bride's name,
    will be married in a
    private wedding ceremony.
    You are joyfully invited to an informal
     wedding celebration .
    Date 
    Time

at
    It's an after party,,, NOT a shower...and keep it simple and casual... 
  • mob3411mob3411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well looks like I got shot down!  lol.    Thanks for the replies.
    We will have an informal dinner then !
    Thank you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards