Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Stone Mill Inn

Do any of you who have used Stone Mill Inn for your reception have any pictures that you would be willing to share?  My FI parents didn't get to see it, and there aren't that many reception pictures on their website, and mostly ceremony.

My e-mail is mb2712 at comcast.net

TIA :-)

Re: Stone Mill Inn

• Options
    Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a bunch of non-pro pics in my bio. Unfortunately, I don't have digital versions of my pro pics. hth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh I never saw those.  I only ever saw your vendor reviews.  Thanks so much for sharing!  It looked great!  How many people did you have at your wedding?  We are going to have 200 and Erika said it fits exactly 200 comfortably, so my only worry is that it will be too cramped.  I'm sure we'll end up with less than 200 but that's the only thing holding me back right now.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 100 guests plus us and vendors. We had less space for tables since we did a stations menu, which required 5 additional tables for food and space for people to stand around them (a served dinner would free up a lot of space). Also, we only had 8 people per table. It would be tight, but you could probably do up to 10. Could you go see it set up for that many before you make a decision?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When we were considering Stone Mill Inn for our wedding, we were told that the only way to have 200 people would be to tent the patio outside so that either tables or dancing could be there.  We, too, were very concerned about fitting 200 people into the space at Stone Mill, and we weren't thrilled about using a tented space when our wedding was going to be during the summer, when it potentially be very hot (in other words, no outdoor air conditioning system was going to ever work well if it was over 90 degrees and humid).  

How was Stone Mill Inn presenting the 200 person scenario to you?  Were they telling you that you would have to pay to have the patio tented?  Otherwise, where were they suggesting that dancing/band/DJ would be?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She was banking on us losing some of our 200 with people not being able to come.  She showed us multiple floorplans, each with a different number.  In all cases though, all the tables were inside.  We would have our bar and cocktail hour outside, and it did cost 750 to rent the tent.  We are making sure to keep our guest list at 200 so we can still maybe use Stone Mill
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose to tent the patio for our cocktail hour, and it was our plan B for the ceremony in case it rained. It is a very nice tent, so $750 is actually a very good price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married at the SMI in June.  I just met with Erica last week to pick out linens and a floor plan.  We're expecting around 150.  We are having the tent for cocktail hour and plan B ceremony location.  All of our tables will be inside.  We are having a buffet and they will take down the buffet tables and the dance floor will be there.  The bar will be set up just outside the door to the reception entrance.

They have been really professional and great to work with.  I'm using a lot of the other vendors that they recommended and they all are so complimentary of SMI, especially compared to other venues they've been to.  I am willing to pay a little extra for all of these conveniences and the "extras" that SMI provides (day of coordinators, set up, tear down, etc).

I'm getting so excited only a few more months!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards