Second Weddings
Options

Mom as a Maid?

Hi ladies I am thinking of asking my mom to be a bridesmaid. I don't have many close girl friends and she has been the most supportive person in my life. When I up and relocated across the country, she supported me. When I got divorced, she was by the side (literally) through the whole thing. When everyone was saying that I was crazy and horrible for leaving my former life, she told me to do what was best for me. And now that I am getting remarried she has been the most excited about it. I have already asked my best girl friend to be my maid of honor and one other girl friend to be a bridesmaid. Do you think it would be weird to ask my mom to stand up as a bridesmaid? My fiance is having his dad as his best man and his two brothers as his groomsmen.

Re: Mom as a Maid?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what feels right to you!  Having your Mom as a BM would be great.  I was thinking of asking mine to walk me down the isle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think thats a wonderful idea!
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone here - its a lovely idea to include your Mom!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea, 
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that I would give her the title of "bride's maid/matron" but given the great relationship you have with her, I would have her standing by your side.  So I guess that IS a brides maid but I wonder if there's another title to bestow on her to underscore how special she is to you.
  • Options
    nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. It seems kind of strange to call her a bridesmaid because well, shes my mom. I just don't know what else to call her. I was thinking of maybe making all of my girls honor maids/matrons. But even that seems a little off. I need another term I think. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    kc8slikc8sli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say "go for it"!  My mother is standing up with me, as I, like you stated, do not have a lot of close girl friends either.  My FI's father will be standing with him too.  That's it though - a very small bridal party!  I couldn't think of anyone more fitting to have standing by my side - my mother, who is also my best friend, was very honored to accept the invitation to stand with me.  I wouldn't call her a brides maid but she would fall into the "matron of honor" category I guess.  I think it's wonderful that you and your mom have such a great relationship!  : )
  • Options
    nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well ladies, I asked her to be an Honor Lady and she accepted! I'm so pleased. She will be visiting in a few weeks and then we can try on dresses since she wasn't here when I bought my own dress. I'm so excited! Thanks for the support everyone.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be weird.  I think it would be a great!  It is very touching.  Your mom must be a very special lady.   

My son will be my best  man (he'll be 18 by then) and I'm really looking forward to it.

Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards