Christian Weddings
Options

XP: Ceremony Idea

My dad is going to be walking me down the aisle and will do the traditional "giving away of the bride".

Has anyone seen where both sets of parents then go and stand up at the front (my mom would join my dad) and FI's parents would stand beside him and the preacher then asks for their blessings on the marriage? Any idea what this is called? I want to google some ideas but don't know what to call it or what I am looking for. TIA

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011

Re: XP: Ceremony Idea

• Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of this but it sounds lovely. I love the idea of all parents getting to be involved... how sweet! My mom would totally love this b/c she wouldn't feel so left out (she wanted to walk me down with my dad but I decided no). If you find out more info let me know! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing that, but are having our parents pray over us for the rest of the unity candle part. Well, either our parents or the wedding party. Not sure yet. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We kinda did something like that.  A man who is like a dad to me walked me down the aisle, and when asked who gives me away, he and my mom said "We do."  Then our officiant did a charge to the guests to have them promise to help us along the way and make sure we work things out and don't just give up and they all answered "We will."  Pretty cool.  :)
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it done it pictures. I loved the way it looked!
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen it done before, but it sounds pretty cool! I might have to steal your idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the positive feedback ladies! 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't exactly do that, but after my dad gave me away, the pastor asked the 2 families to stand and promise to support us. Then after that, the pastor asked the rest of the guests to stand and promise to support us. So we had everyone there promise to guide and support us throughout our marriage. I loved it. 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea!  I don't know exactly how it would work, but wish I had thought of this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we did this in our wedding. I don't know exactly how it went, but the pastor had questions that he asked each of the parents, and then the moms left (H's dad was a GM) and my dad gave me away. It worked out nicely. I don't know what you would call it, except maybe "charge to the parents"

it's a start!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did something similar.  I wanted to do like you're talking about, but my dad was adamant that I not "take away my one line!" So instead of doing it how you described, my dad walked me down the aisle and then our pastor asked "who blesses and supports this marriage?" and my dad spoke on behalf of all the parents by saying "their parents do."
  • Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen it done, but it sounds so sweet, I love the idea! I might just have to steal it lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards