Pre-wedding Parties
Options

pre-wedding parties

Hi all,
I am MOH for a friend's wedding and I'm totally blowing it. I went to all the dress fittings with my friend over the past year & bridesmaids dress fittings. But now, for the pre-wedding parties, I think I'm just messing it all up. One of the bridesmaids suggested an out of town trip for the bachelorette party & so we went with that. Then that bridesmaid didn't even go with us even though she knew in advance.  I was stressing about the cost of going already so when she backed out, it just irked me. And the trip was fun, but it didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

Now she is hosting the shower because I waited too long to plan it. She's doing a great job and she's much better at delegating and getting in touch with the other bridesmaids.I'm disappointed in myself b/c I didn't host the shower so my question is are there other things that brides really appreciate that are not the usual expected ones? I've offered to help put together the favors & am working on the moh speech. What else can I do? thanks.

Re: pre-wedding parties

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a sweet MOH you are! 

Is your friend - the bride - planning and hosting her own shower?  That's ...uhh... bad.  Not because you didn't do it, but because the bride should never host and plan a shower for herself.

I was a MOH for my sister and I planned a very lovely bachelorette party.  A few days before the party, my sister called and asked if we were getting pedicures.  She didn't care one way or the other, but the information said we were just getting lotion on our feet and not a full pedicure.  She was right and I was devastated that I made such a stupid stupid error.  I was trying so hard to be perfect!  In the end, it didn't matter.  We all had a good time.  I was being far too hard on myself.

At this point, just offer what you feel you can reasonably do and enjoy the wedding.  Your heart is in the right place and I would hope that your friend knows and understands that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards