Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

E-vites

My sister did all paperless post invitations for her wedding - but she got some negative feedback on them, especially from older family members who didn't want to receive an electronic invite or who didn't understand how to reply.

For my wedding, I don't want to run into the same issues. However, is it "tacky" if we send out paper invitations and ask people to either go to our website to RSVP or email their reply?

Re: E-vites

• Options
    SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I would just do paper replies. If you already know that some of your older guests won't know how to reply electronically, keep it simple with paper.

If you're really set on doing electronic replies I would stick with email only (we've had too many brides on here panicking because their wedding website lost all of their replies), but also provide a phone number where people can call in their replies as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    I am old school about certain things, and wedding invitations and RSVPs are one of them. I absolutely hate the electronic trend with these.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

This is the most formal event of your life.  Do paper invitations and paper RSVPs.

• Options
    Technically, pre-printed RSVPs are new and anti-etiquette.   That said, they're what a lot of people expect.

I'd go with them since they're convenient.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_e-vites-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:972119c1-7dd7-482e-81ff-b77bf40d6d43Post:9dcc17e9-145f-4edc-9bac-6946078bef54">E-vites</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister did all paperless post invitations for her wedding - but she got some negative feedback on them, especially from older family members who didn't want to receive an electronic invite or who didn't understand how to reply. For my wedding, I don't want to run into the same issues. However, is it "tacky" if we send out paper invitations and ask people to either go to our website to RSVP or email their reply?
    Posted by tortorar[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's one of the most important events of your life.  Stick with the traditional method.....it's classier and more formal which your wedding deserves.   Put a stamp on the RSVP and it really should be no big deal for people to drop it in the mailbox.

</div>
  • Options
    We gave guests the option to use the paper RSVP we provided or to RSVP online.  About 90 percent of our guests RSVPed  with the paper one, even our "internet-savvy" friends.  I think most people prefer the traditional method.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards