Iowa-Quad Cities

Officiants?

Does anyone have any ideas of where to find non-denominational (or even purely civil ceremony) officiants in the QC's?  We live about 45 minutes east (near Sterling/Rock Falls), but will probably be getting married in the IL QC - and I have no idea where to even start looking.  =(

Re: Officiants?

• edited December 2011
    What county will you be getting married in? A lot of times the county website will have a list of magistrates and civil officiants
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're using Gary Ellis and he is awesome!!

he's listed under vendors on qcweddings.com and has a website.

He's really been great to work with and is highly recommended by other brides
  • squinnaksquinnak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are meeting with Gary Ellis.  He seems to be very accomodating to the couples needs!!

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_officiants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:ac1d2424-c33d-4cec-81c4-d1acb51a8eddPost:8cd4ab3e-c49a-4cd5-bea3-937cac61a5be">Re: Officiants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are meeting with Gary Ellis.  He seems to be very accomodating to the couples needs!!
    Posted by squinnak[/QUOTE]

Aw, that's awesome!

The first time I met him and he went over a suggested ceremony (the "hand ceremony") I started bawling...in the middle of Starbucks!  That's how we knew he was right for us.  Plus, I think he looks slightly like Santa :O)

GL!
  • liftedlove85liftedlove85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What is the "hand ceremony" ? I'm not sure what that is!

• Cathy Bolkcom is a wedding officiant now in the Quad Cities. She can be reached at cbarts4@aol.com. You can check out her website at www.facebok.com/liferituals and her reviews on weddingwire.com. S
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards