Catholic Weddings
Options

rrrghhh...trying to write the "thank-you" for the back of the program...

It's just not coming to me. I think the thing that is annoying me is that it would actually be WAY easier to write individual TY's to people (as I will after the wedding,) and be able to say something a little more personal... but how do you write a TY to 200 completely different people?!

Here's what I have so far...I definitely want to incorporate something more about God... I dunno. (You can comment if you want, but you don't have to. I'm more just venting my annoyance...maybe I'm sort of wondering whether you even HAVE to have a TY? well..what else would you put on the back of the program?!)

We would like to thank all of our family and friends on this very special day. We are so grateful for your presence here today and for your support throughout our lives as we have come this far. 

We are so excited to be beginning our new life together, and we hope that you will continue to be a part of our lives

Anniversary

Re: rrrghhh...trying to write the "thank-you" for the back of the program...

• Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    ok, then I added:

Thank you especially to everyone who took extra time to travel to Michigan to celebrate with us! And for those of you in Ann Arbor...we will miss you, but hope to come visit regularly!

And of course, we want to honor and thank our parents for all the time, energy, and money (well, basically the past 25+ years of their lives!) that they’ve  raised us to be the young adults that we are today. If we can raise our children as well as you have, then we will consider ourselves blessed!

but I STILL really don't have any idea how to include God (without souding too "Protestant!")... ideas are welcome!

Anniversary
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    M did this

'A Special Thank you '

As we begin our new lives together we thank all of or frineds and family for their love and support.  Each and every one of you brings happiness to our  lives
    and has touched our hearts in such a uniquet way.  We thank you for being here today to witness this celebration of our love for one another and for making this day memeorable'

sorry, my caps are stuck but you get the idea and form.

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're keeping ours super simple:

"L & R would like to thank everyone for their part in this joyous celebration. Thanks be to God."

I originally added after celebration: "especially our family and friends," then FI pointed out: "Isn't everyone there our family and friends"? Good point...LOL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, we also had a simple "In Memory of":

"Im Memory of (name), mother of the bride and (name), father of the groom."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_rrrghhhtrying-write-thank-back-of-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:438e99ef-ee36-44e4-a77b-8e0db852fc5bPost:59b65338-7ed5-4b9f-8eae-60fdde3b382c">Re: rrrghhh...trying to write the "thank-you" for the back of the program...</a>:
    [QUOTE] I originally added after celebration: "especially our family and friends," then FI pointed out: "Isn't everyone there our family and friends"? Good point...LOL.
    Posted by lmeade62[/QUOTE]
    haha, I did think of that, but then I thought, "well, it's entirely possible that one gets left in the pews and some random person picks it up, so... yeah!"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have the exact wording in front of me but we put a seperate litttle two sentences saying that God saw it to make our two seperate lives into one and we are blessed....

Something much more eloquent than that.

We had a memorial section but we didn't use names.  We had names mentioned in the prayer of the faithful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We would like to thank all of our guests for being here to witness our marriage. We are grateful that you are here to watch us take our first steps together as husband and wife.

As we celebrate, we would like to remember those who could not be with us today, especially:

(names of deceased grandparents}

And those who could not travel to be with us today.

We would like to express a special thank you to our family and friends for all their love and support.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is ours, which I semi-borrowed from a friend whose programs I made that I semi-borrowed from something I found online.

I also included a memorial section and directions to the reception (I realize that some people don't like this, but it wasn't going to be a huge deal if the couple of community members who showed up went to the reception. None did end up going anyway.).

Thank you so much to all of you for your unconditional love and for being with us today to celebrate our marriage. Whether you traveled from near or far, your presence today and in our lives has shaped who we are and who we will become. We look forward to sharing many more moments with each of you. We pray that God may bless you as He has blessed us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours says:
    "Thank you so much for celebrating the first day of our new life together.  We would especially like to thank our parents for their love and support, and for the example they have set for us - both as parents and as husband and wife."

And then I ran out of room on the program.

I like what Banana said about God joining your lives.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the following (sorry it is giant).  Lala - could you PM me the parish you are getting married in?  I am curious!

Thank you for joining us today as we celebrate our marriage. We are so happy to be sharing this day with all of you. We are honored by all the love and support that we have received from our family and friends. We are particularly grateful to our parents, who have been our role models and have provided unceasing patience, love, and encouragement as we prepared for this day.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is what we did -

As we begin our new lives together we are eternally grateful for the love and support we have received from family and friends through the years. We look forward to the many joys ahead of us and hope to share them with each of you.
    Thank you for traveling from near and far to spend this special day with us.
    Love always ~ The Bride and Groom (enter your names here)
  • Options
    MuddyInsigniaMuddyInsignia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In prayers of the faithful, we prayed for safe travels for those who traveled to the wedding and for those who had passed away, on the back of the program, we wrote:

To our family and friends here present,

We have been blessed to have you by our sides throughout our lives and especially to celebrate with us on this special day. Thank you for the support, encouragement, antics, love, and laughter that you contributed to our lives. You have been (and still are) our teachers, our guides, our partners in crime, and, simply, our favorite people in the world. We hope that you enjoy today’s celebration and we look forward to sharing our joy and lives with you for many years to come.

Love,

C and S

And we also included a prayer card which was tucked into the back of the program
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards