November 2012 Weddings

The election machine and what it means for your wedding

Our date is not set in stone by any means.  We are likely to hold the wedding in sept/oct/nov between the summer tourism season and New England winter (brrrrr).

We are trying to avoid holidays.... so Labor Day, Halloween weekend, Columbus Day...they are all out.  This is why we think we might end up in November.

However...there is one thing I'm not looking forward to about any of these weeks... the political atmosphere of fall in an election year.

I have just a few extremely outspoken (some of them can be down right rude and mean spirited about the whole thing) guests....and whilie I would be down for a politcal discussion over drinks with the majority of my friends....I don't think a wedding is the best time for this. 

Normally people refrain from speaking of money and politics at formal functions, or amongst people they are just meeting, but I find that the tension is in the air in November.

Anybody else out dreading political fights at your wedding?

Re: The election machine and what it means for your wedding

• That has definitely crossed my mind! I don't think it will be too much of a problem, at least not enough for me to change my date!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_election-machine-means-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:f47810c9-7f9a-4757-baf5-3b478d2ab937Post:4c9b2483-6386-4168-b986-35ba3fbcb8e4">Re: The election machine and what it means for your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]That has definitely crossed my mind! I don't think it will be too much of a problem, at least not enough for me to change my date!
    Posted by Kayla3876[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG is your wedding dress the belle dress?</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • I didn't go dress shopping yet, I just looovee the Belle dress! I don't know how I'll feel once I try it on, but I'm definitely trying it on!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards