Virginia

any experience with "The Pros" photography company?

I'm thinking about hiring a company called "The Pros" for my wedding/engagement photography. They seem really reasonable and I've heard a few good things about them but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them first-hand. We are on a budget and I don't want to spend more than $1500 for photography but it is one of the most important things to me and I want all day coverage (which they include in the price). I am also an artist and amateur photographer myself so I want good quality with an artistic flair (ie someone who really knows what they're really doing!)

Re: any experience with "The Pros" photography company?

• rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any direct experience with them but when I was planning my wedding I looked into them bc their prices were pretty good for 8 hours of coverage...seems so long ago now=(  I talked with a planner and she said that they are a comapny that 'contracts out' their work.  So you aren't really sure what and who you will get for your money.  That made me nervous and I prefered a more personalized approach.  I did end up getting a shorter amount of coverage time with my photographers, but I think quality outweights quantity. 

I spent alot of time looking into photographers bc at the end of the day you won't remember the fruit during cocktail hour or the embroidered napkins, but your photos will be the most important memory of your day
  • edited December 2011
    yes, I agree!
  • edited December 2011
    I also was in contact with them for photography.  If you look on weddingwire.com  there are alot of bad reviews.  Therefore I also went with someone more personable.  Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I chose to go with "the pros" because the fact that we got to look through portfolios and choose who we wanted based on the style and if our photographer is sick or something keeps them from making it (i really hope thyat doesnt happen!) they will send someone with the same style to replace them.  Hope this helps!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went with the pros due to pricing. you get to choose who you want and even though my main person dropped out I got my 2nd choice. I've always gotten prompt responses from them and I love my photographers portfolio. I'll tell you more when I get through the wedding

weddingwire.com gives them stellar reviews. A 4.1 our of 5 with 442 reviewers 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    January-January Siggy Challenge "Wedding Bands"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    167 Invited image 147 Ready to pary image 20 Missing the fun image 0 Slacking on responding image RSVP Date: December 1st, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards