Ohio-Northeast

budget friendly reception venues in northeast ohio area....

i have a pretty tight budget, and im looking for banquet halls around the akron area to rent and then bring in catering. anyone know of places that will accomidate 100 people? thanks!

Re: budget friendly reception venues in northeast ohio area....

• edited December 2011
    i have a pretty tight budget, and im looking for banquet halls around the akron area to rent and then bring in catering. anyone know of places that will accomidate 100 people? thanks!
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on your local board

<---------
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Community centers often let you bring your own caterer in. In the greater Akron area, the Access to Independence Hall in Rootstown, Tallmadge Community Center,  Riverfront in Cuy. Falls, Uniontown Community Park all are BYOC venues, but I don't know if any of them have minimum requirements or anything.

Keep in mind though, that just because a place lets you choose your own caterer doesn't mean you're necessarily saving money doing so. Look at the whole package of what is offered and included before you sign anything. Some places that provide catering may actually be MORE affordable than ones that don't.

The German Family Society in Brimfield is pretty reasonably priced, around $25/pp with their house caterer. Foltz Community Center in East Canton and Lolli's at Belden Village are inexpensive, too -- maybe even less than GFS.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Some places that provide catering may actually be MORE affordable than ones that don't. The German Family Society in Brimfield is pretty reasonably priced, around $25/pp with their house caterer. Foltz Community Center in East Canton and Lolli's at Belden Village are inexpensive, too -- maybe even less than GFS. Good luck!
    Posted by JKohio[/QUOTE]

This. 

I know that's counter-intuitive, but we were on a VERY tight budget and ended up going with an all-inclusive place because it was way cheaper.  We also didn't want to hang around after the reception to clean up, which would have sucked and which you will probably have to do if you go that route.
    If you really want to bring in your own outside vendors consider the Canton Civic Center, Canton Cultural Center for the Arts, Lake Cable Rec Center and North Canton Civic Center.
  • My fiance and I are getting married in December of this year and are looking for a budget friendly wedding reception venue that allow you to bring in your own catering. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards