July 2012 Weddings

3 month check in!!

How is everyone doing?? Enjoying married life??

Re: 3 month check in!!

• I'll participate, even though I wasn't ever too active on this board. We married on July 7, and now it just feels like second nature. I've gotten used to introducing him as my husband, we have inlaws now, and we're just generally settled down. I'd been in grad school, LDR, etc. so it's great to both have careers. I haven't changed my name, which is something I'm still on the fence about. At the moment, I'm trying the whole "keep the maiden name legally, use the married name socially" approach to see how it feels. How about for you and others? I'm just so glad to be done with the wedding!

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • edited October 2012
    Hey! I randomly came on to the knot and saw this post :) I hope to see more people posting!! Remember when everyone said they would come back to this board after our weddings??? lol

Married life is great--- I definitely think my DH and I have bonded more than ever since our wedding. Overall, things have been good.. I love my new job and we adopted a puppy in September :) I thought I would really miss wedding planning, but I don't at all! We just did the last WR thing and ordered our wedding album and parent albums. I can't wait to see them in the next few months! I hope everyone else is doing great!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Glad to hear married life is going great!!! 

We're doing well too!  Pretty much nothing has changed.  My brother moved to Florida and is currently living with us until he gets on his feet down here. It's been nice having some family around =)
  • I agree.  I feel like not much has changed, except I am not wedding obsessed!  Lol!  I have gotten used to saying "husband," but I haven't legally changed my name either.  I am still deciding what I want to do.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re:3 month check in!!:[QUOTE]I agree. I feel like not much has changed, except I am not wedding obsessed! Lol! I have gotten used to saying "husband," but I haven't legally changed my name either. I am still deciding what I want to do. Posted by BeabullMom[/QUOTE]
    Glad to hear someone else is on the fence too. Technically I changed mine to First Middle Maiden Married, with 2 middle names, on our marriage license, so I have that open as a legal option. But I have yet to notify anyone official like SS, DMV, etc. I'm still trying out "Mrs. Married" on a social and verbal basis for now.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • I am still in the process of changing my name on all of my accounts and it is taking FOR-E-VER. We are also learning how to use a joint account with H being self-employed and that's been kind of hard. We have enough money, we just can't organize it very well!

But yeah, not much has changed, except H can take more contracts now that we're not busy planning the wedding!
  • Changed my name with SS and DMV and banks and CCs but that's it...I still have loans and stuff that needs changed I just don't feel like it! haha  Laziness!

Nothing has changed much.  My MOH is getting married now in a year so I'm still wedding obsessed! haha  And at my new job 2 girls just got married so they're talking about their weddings with patients and asking about mine so I keep reliving it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards