Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

october outdoor reception

I know I said it before, but FI and I have changed the wedding to October 2013. Do you think that's too cold to do an outdoor reception?
I'm still getting nervous though because it seems like a lot of vendors (within my budget) are already booked for October and I changed my original idea from May. So frustrating!

Re: october outdoor reception

• I think you could do outdoors as long as there is an indoor back up. I've seen a really cute idea for fall on a blog. They provided rolled up blankets for their guests each tied up with a tag that said Cuddle Up. A nice thing about my venue, Lingrow Farm, is that they can put down clear sides on the patio and put the heaters on and it was seriously warm and you couldn't even tell in photos that the clear siding was up. So even if you wanted to do a tented reception I'm sure you could get heaters and clear sides for the tent to put down in case of rain. Hope this helps!
  • It really depends.  I'm planning on an outdoor ceremony in April and it's kind of the same situation.  It could be cold and rainy or snowy or beautiful.

Also, I was told October is the busiest month in Pittsburgh for weddings from a wedding planner/coordinator, so I'm not super surprised to hear things are booked already!  FI wanted to get married this fall and I knew everything would have been booked already (we got engaged last November).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hit or miss.  Like PP, make sure you have a back-up plan with indoor space like a tent.  You can always have the tent sides open if the weather is nice.  Also w/ PP, I was also told that October is the busiest month.  Sorry to say but you probably need to make a decision ASAP. 
  • My fiance and I chose to do a November wedding... hopefully it works out!

The main reason we chose November was because we went to a wedding last year in October and in November and we LOVED the fall. October was too busy for our families so we went with November.

Personally.... it's a much better time of the year than the hot, humid summer!
  • Just as a reference... my wedding was on October 1st last year.  It was 45 degrees and raining.  The following weekend was 75 and gorgeous.  October is completely hit or miss.  An outdoor wedding could be perfect.  Just have a back up!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Early October is your best bet for warmer weather. People will dress accordingly for the weather if it is chilly they can bring a coat!

We're doing this October and the Ceremony is outside. last year it snowed on the same weekend so fingers crossed for 75 instead!

October IS busy in PGH but not just for weddings, if you're doing in the city be aware parents weekend is usually in october for all colleges and of course Steelers home games take up hotel rooms so out of town guests may have a hard time finding somewhere to stay
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards