New Jersey - South

LBI Wedding- Looking for ur input!

Hello all,
Still new to these boards. I recently booked my April 2012 Wedding at the Stateroom in Long Beach Island.
Has anyone had a wedding or attended a wedding there?! I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on it!
Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: LBI Wedding- Looking for ur input!

• edited December 2011
    I am an LBI bride as well!! I am acutally getting married at Mallard Island in Sept 2012!! Taste Catering is awesome!! I am working with Nicole and Tony with everything.  I also just attended a friend's wedding at the State Room and it was awesome.  It is such a cool place - the downstairs is soo different!  I thought you would be able to hear the traffic but you couldn't at all.  They do such a great job!!!

Congrats and GL

PS we'll have to keep in touch about Taste and other LBI things!! :)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
    We should keep in touch about all things Taste and LBI!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about booking my wedding at the Stateroom for June 2012. I've visited once and remember the dance floor being very small. What are your thoughts?
  • edited December 2011
    LaurenAshley,
    I absolutely fell in love with the whole layout of the Stateroom. Between the first floor "lounge" look, and the open airy second floor.  I had some concerns about the dance floor, as well. My fear was that the line for the bar (which is in the back corner of the dance floor) would crowd the dance area. Nicole (the event coordinator) assured me that with 3 bartenders, there wouldn't be a line. There is also an area of dance floor near the back veranda (where the band/DJ would set up).  The columns that are set within the dance floor make it APPEAR smaller, but when in comparision to other venues I looked at, overall the dance floor at the Stateroom was larger.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm right!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When I was just at a wedding there the line for the bar did not interfere with the dancefloor at all, except when everyone first went upstairs and wanted a drink all at the same time.  And to be honest with 125 guests that they had, the dance floor was not crowded at.  But their dj also wasn't very good about getting a lot of people on the dancefloor.

Also, I would definitely trust what Nicole says.  She's dealt with so many weddings at these places.  She knows what is best for the spaces.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've booked the stateroom for June 2012 and had the same concerns, even mentioned adding a second bar somewhere else in the room, Nicole told me no one else had ever done it before and that the 3 bartenders and wine on thhe tables would make things flow. I'm a little worried about never having tasted their food but I've read good reviews so hopefully nothing else changes. Does anyone have any good videographers and hotels to recommend? Those are the next two items on my list.
  • edited December 2011
    We decided against using a videographer. As for hotels, are you familiar with LBI? There is a Holiday Inn on Rte 72 (before you get onto the island). Then, on the island, some popular ones are Surf City Hotel, Drifting Sands and Daddy-O. (Those are the 4 hotels we are looking into!)
    Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Vicki - We are blocking rooms at Holiday Inn in Manahawkin (on 72 before the island).  As SMessina said recommended there are other places on the island but they may be more expensive (I don't know). 

As for taste's food - it's awesome!! when i was recently at a wedding at the stateroom i purposely tried everything as a mini tasting before the tasting in the fall.  Everyone else I have talked to said the same thing.  And I know I said it in an earlier post but I would definitely trust Nicole and Tony.  They knows what works and what doesn't work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The hotel prices ON the island can get expensive. Nicole at the Stateroom is getting married AT the Stateroom in I think Oct or Nov, and she mentioned that her hotel block at Daddy-O is around $99 for the night. Peak season, I know those prices sky rocket, and sometimes require a 2 night minimum!
    (That says something when your coordinator is also getting married there!)

Dolfin, Are you going to the Nov 4th tasting? I was going to do the Jun 5th one, but Nicole asked if I could hold off because there were summer and early fall weddings that haven't done their tasting yet. So I pushed mine back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes we are going to do the Nov 4th tasting!!  We didn't want to do the June 5th bc we felt it was too soon (we are getting married Sept 2012).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • free4rebeccafree4rebecca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, we are going to have our wedding on LBI too. But I haven't picked up the reception sites yet. Other than the state room, is there anywhere else you guys would recomend?
  • edited December 2011
    There is also the Boat House and the Sea Shell.  I have not been to weddings at either places but I know that the owner of Taste Catering (who does the catering for the State Room and Mallard Island) owns the Boat House as well.  Before the island there is Mallard Island and Bonnet Island as well.

GL!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There are many locations on LBI and the surrounding area, but that all depends on budget and the size of your wedding! Based on my guest list, I was limited to the Seashell, the Stateroom and the Holiday Inn on Rte 72. (Mallard and Bonnet Island are by far my dream wedding locations, but waaay out of my budget!)
    The Boathouse and the Yacht Clubs on the island are very very nice, but could not accomodate (comfortably) my guest list (200+).
    The Seashell is very nice, and offers SO MUCH, but there were a few deal breakers for me... They indicated to me that they needed to set up the buffet in the HOTEL LOBBY because I was expecting more than 175 ppl, and the cocktail hour is outside on the pool deck and the inclement weather option was having the cocktail in my reception room. The staff at the Seashell were so friendly, not at all pushy and willing to work with me on price, but because of the things I mentioned above, I did not want to pursue that venue.

I am really really happy with the Stateroom, thus far. Nicole is amazing and I'm really looking forward to my wedding there.

Good Luck on your search!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married September 2012 at Mallard also! I'm so excited but I'll admit, I'm nervous about never tasting the food.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in June 2013 at The Stateroom! It was love at first site for the both of us, so excited!
  • samanda12samanda12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Mallard Island August 2012! I'm nervous about the food as well. When I went to see it they only mentioned Taste as the caterers. However, in the contract it did say they will provide a list of caterers.
  • Hi ladies... so happy to hear the positive reviews about The Stateroom and Taste Catering... I am pretty sure I will be booking my June 2013 wedding there this weekend.. eeek! It's exciting but I'm nervous that I can't try the food before booking!  Anyone else have any feedback about The Stateroom?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards