Illinois-Chicago
Options

Lurker Introduction :)

Hello ladies!

Just wanted to say hi since I look at this board ALL the time!  I've become quite the nestie lately bc FI and I just bought a new construction townhome and have been busy with that but now it is time to focus on wedding (finally!) since we got the house out of the way and move in in a month!

So just wanted to introduce myself!  We are starting to lean towards Destination Wedding but will be def planning a AHR here in Chicago so I'll be around alot starting now!

CONGRATS TO EVERYBODY and I'm excited to get to know you guys! :)

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lurker Introduction :)

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on becoming a home owner and welcome to the board.  I'm also a nestie, but still hang out on TK too.

My bro did a DW and it was gorgeous!  When are you thinking of setting the date for?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome to the board! :)  what town are you building in?  how exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I think I've seen you post on the coupon board! The nest girls are so much fun so I figured I'd get obsessed with TK boards, too haha...

You know, I honestly have no idea yet.  I'd almost like to try to do it where the guests wouldn't need passports, but that narrows it down to a select few locations.  My initial thought was Cabo but there are SO many areas in the Carribean, too! We shall see!  Did your brother use a planner here in IL at all?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_lurker-introduction-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:61e6270a-56c9-4a1a-949a-8266cda610aePost:837d5a65-94a3-4fec-9d19-7768369c63b0">Re: Lurker Introduction :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]welcome to the board! :)  what town are you building in?  how exciting!
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  We are building in Des Plaines which is right between Park Ridge and Mount Prospect...only 10 min from Chicago but WAY cheaper car insurance and city stickers :)

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
    Who is your builder in Des Plaines? We're in Evanston right now but am looking to buy a place in the next few months.
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on being a homeowner and welcome to the board! My FI and I purchased our condo last July, so I hear you about the busyness that comes with that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_lurker-introduction-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:61e6270a-56c9-4a1a-949a-8266cda610aePost:46ef6940-7d59-4475-b7a6-6bb2284307c9">Re: Lurker Introduction :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Who is your builder in Des Plaines? We're in Evanston right now but am looking to buy a place in the next few months.
    Posted by MrsPaps[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  We are using Fassbinder Construction...they are custom home builders that branched out into townhomes and I do not have ONE complaint...honest to god! Let me know if you want more info on them...I'd rec them to anybody!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_lurker-introduction-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:61e6270a-56c9-4a1a-949a-8266cda610aePost:f382c5c1-f0e3-4175-a1b3-b129ce5de2d4">Re: Lurker Introduction :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on being a homeowner and welcome to the board! My FI and I purchased our condo last July, so I hear you about the busyness that comes with that!
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I think I'll have fun here...house planning was fun but I'm offically over it....on with the wedding!  :)  Oh my god the craziness that goes along with home owning...our recent problem has been since it is new construction, we've been buying things as we go along and until it is finished being built and we offically have run out of places to put things.  I'm ready to start storing things in our current living room...cute right?

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_lurker-introduction-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:61e6270a-56c9-4a1a-949a-8266cda610aePost:5b00ffc9-0c91-46f1-90d0-2bc7433fab02">Re: Lurker Introduction :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lurker Introduction :) : Thank you!  We are using Fassbinder Construction...they are custom home builders that branched out into townhomes and I do not have ONE complaint...honest to god! Let me know if you want more info on them...I'd rec them to anybody!
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]
    Yes please PM me more information!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_lurker-introduction-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:61e6270a-56c9-4a1a-949a-8266cda610aePost:f1823115-d88b-435a-9d3d-0c0ec8d2451e">Re: Lurker Introduction :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you!  I think I've seen you post on the <strong>coupon board</strong>! The nest girls are so much fun so I figured I'd get obsessed with TK boards, too haha... You know, I honestly have no idea yet.  I'd almost like to try to do it where the guests wouldn't need passports, but that narrows it down to a select few locations.  My initial thought was Cabo but there are SO many areas in the Carribean, too! We shall see!  Did your brother use a planner here in IL at all?
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

Lol, yep.  Embarrassing to admit, but it's the first thing I do when I check my emails in the morning!

My brother did Riveria Maya at Iberostar.  They had no complaints.  Happy building and planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_lurker-introduction-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:61e6270a-56c9-4a1a-949a-8266cda610aePost:67ef6856-7bbe-4d6e-97e9-33d7ce7512df">Re: Lurker Introduction :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lurker Introduction :) : Yes please PM me more information!
    Posted by MrsPaps[/QUOTE]

YGPM   :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards