Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Honeymoon Registry

I was just wondering if there is anyone using a honeymoon registry site and if you'd reccommend it. There are so many out there, I don't know which one to go with! Thank you!!

Re: Honeymoon Registry

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a HM registry, but not through a website.  Liberty Travel is a travel agency chain (not sure where you are, but they are everywhere) and they do it at no cost.  You have to put down a deposit to hold your hotel and airfare, but they don't take a cut of the money people put towards it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using honeyfund.com and it's amazing! You just go and set up exactly what you want the trip to include and my family and friends love the idea. We started getting 'pledges'  months ago for our honeymoon and now that I'm under a month out almost half of our honeymoon is covered. It's awesome:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask for money instead.  Most honeymoon registry sites take a percentage of the gift.. so if they give $100 on your registry, you only get $95... where as, if they give you cash, it's still $100.  The one through the travel agency sounds legit.

Also, some sites say they are buying you dinner, or a massage, and you really just get a check at the end of it all... nothing specific.  This is misleading to your guests, who think they bought you a specific gift.  It would be like returning all of your wedding gifts back to the store and leaving with the cash.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards