Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sybaris

My FI and I don't have a lot of money, or jobs that we can really take a vacation from.  We were thinking of spending a 3 day weekend at the Sybaris for a Honeymoon.  Has anyone ever been there?  Any tips/advice?

Re: Sybaris

• Options
    I haven't been, but from what I hear is that Sybaris is kinda dirty. There is a newer place that I always pass off of I-55 called the Champagne Lodge that looks a bit nicer from the outside at least. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    i bet you could find a supercute bed and breakfast or cottage-y type of place for just as cheap (if not cheaper!) than the sybaris, and have a much nicer experience. i haven't heard good things about sybaris in indiana.  there are GORGEOUS cottages/log cabins for rent in Nashville/Brown County, Indiana - I see you are in Chicago, so it would probably be a 3.5-4 hour drive for you to get down there, but that might be a nice alternative. if you want more information message me - i have stayed many different places down there and am happy to give you some suggestions!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! The tip about the champagne lodge looks adorable...and its almost half the price!
  • Options
    Yeah I've just always gotten the impression that Sybaris is dirty. Personally, I've never been though.

Sign up for Groupon and Travelzoo. You can put Chicago in as your location and there are some great local deals! Some deals will include a 3-5 hour drive, but if you're cool with that, then you can probably find some pretty good stuff cheaper.

Otherwise, Brown County in IN was a good suggestion. I've been there and stayed in a cabin type thing and had a blast!!!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    What about Galena that is about 3.5 hours from chicago going west and they are full of B&B.  Michigan also has lots of B&B that you can get to in about 3 hours or so.  Door County WI is about 5 hours from chicago and offers alot.  hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am going to 2nd Galena. Gorgeous!!!!!!  Very nice restaurants, reasonably priced B&B's, plenty of things to do, things to see, and full of relaxation. 

We've been to Sybaris, and I don't recommend it to anyone. We felt more comfortable and had a better time in a cheaper hotel that had a jaccuzi tub.

Also look into Lake Geneva in Wisconsin. If your looking for more adventure type honeymoon. This is a little bit pricier, but has plenty to see, and plenty going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards