Wedding Reception Forum

Weird entrance idea?

I'm wondering about having our guests ring small round bells as we enter the reception hall after the ceremony...does this sound weird?  I love the idea of the little bells but we won't be doing an exit from the reception area so I thought this might be a fun way to incorporate them.  Has anyone else done anything like this?  If so, did it work or not work for you?  I know someone typically announces the wedding party, etc. so would this interfere with that?

TIA!
June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weird entrance idea?

• I think it sounds like fun!
  • I would worry about people expecially kids ringing the bells all night long.  This happened at my friend's wedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • c_fabc_fab member
    First Comment
    I think its a good idea. Its your wedding do what makes you happy. As for kids ringing the bells all the night long, will you have kids at your wedding? If so have someone control who gets bells and who doesnt. Plus It would also be a cool wedding favor. Laughing
  • For what it's worth my friend's wedding didn't have kids. Adults were ringing bells all night long, especially when the liquor kicked in.

• We will be having kids.  Was it really annoying to have the bells ringing all night?  I hadn't really thought about that.  Did it drown out the DJ?
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_weird-entrance-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1e69e811-4fd8-435b-bc4f-fa69449e4868Post:f52ed34b-7a8f-4a81-963f-4eece75adaa6">Re: Weird entrance idea?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We will be having kids.  Was it really annoying to have the bells ringing all night?  I hadn't really thought about that.  Did it drown out the DJ?
    Posted by lovefuzzies[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it drowned out the DJ but it added background noise to each song.  People were dancing with them on the dance floor.  Imagine a glow stick rave with bells, that's what it looked like.  I was quite annoying especially when people were right next to you.

• I think that as the night goes on and people start drinking, they will be ringing them constantly for you guys to kiss. Might become too much after a while.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards