Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

How can I include my daughters?

This is my second wedding and we are not having bridesmaids or groomsmen.  I would like to include my 2 daughters in my wedding ceremony they are 13 and 18 any ideas?

Re: How can I include my daughters?

• Options
    I agree with RetreadBride. You should ask your daughters. Maybe suggest a few ways they could be involved (bridesmaid, walk you down the aisle, etc) and see what they say. They may even have thought about it and have an idea of how they'd like to be involved already.
  • Options
    I agree come up with some options and ask their opinion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree about asking them what they want. 
    Here are some choices for them:
    BM's (both on your side)
    Walking you down the aisle
    Readings
    Songs
    Nothing
    Maybe even performing the ceremony? (this one obiously depends on your kids being ok with public speaking)

Sounds like you're doing a great job of being thoughtful about their role, and this would just be a continuance of that. :) 

I'm also sure that they would love to be invited to be involved in planning aspects.  My sister and step-sister were both 18 when our parents married, and they let the girls pick the colors for their BM dresses and gave each of us (there are a total of 6, myself included) different jobs (e.g., one did the prayer at dinner, one did the best man's toast, one did a maid of honor toast, one walked her down the aisle, and etc.) based on our personalities and ages.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards