April 2013 Weddings

Whats the one ( Just pick one!!! ) that your stressing most about?

So ladies,,, I know we are a year out and to most this sounds like alot but its really not!! I know im a big stress ball... so much ive started to break out ( thank god for proactiv!) anyways....  I know im stressing about my venue and how it will  look..

Re: Whats the one ( Just pick one!!! ) that your stressing most about?

• Agree--the venue is my one stressor too! I just signed my venue contract last week which was a big weight off my shoulders, but now I worry about my vision being carried out the day of exactly the way I envision it in my mind. Your not alone =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Money, and being able to pay for it all. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • ChiGirl,
    I agree with that.. We are trying to pay Cash only for everything as FI " does not believe in credit cards".... Undecided.... Im at the point where if it towards the end of the wedding planning we cant pay for it plastic will be fine with me..
  • I'm not really stressed about anything.  I want to make some deposits for my DJ and the photobooth I want soon but my FI is just kind of blasé and thinks we can wait.  Um...not really.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am stressing about  money to pay fot it all also and just hoping that evetything will fall into place! The good thing however, when you start to plan early you eliminate the risks of things not being organised. So i am a big believer in plannong ahead!

All the best guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Finding a good photographer. i have heard so many horror stories about bad pictures I'm so afraid and I have yet to fully trust a photographer we have met with.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really dont have one specific thing leading up to the wedding..my concern is that I wont enjoy the day because I will be wrapped up in worrying if everything is flowing smoothly, and everyone else is enjoying it. I have 1 year to work on that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP.. money is definitly the biggest thing stressing me and my FI out. We are paying for most of it ourselves, but our parents are pitching in where they can which is helpful.  And since we are trying to keep as little as possible off our credit cards, we are getting drained very quickly by various deposits. 
    But other than that, I'm enjoying it and this next year is going to fly by :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I can recommend a PHENOMENAL photographer, but she is out of NW Florida.  She's originally from Savannah, though, and is more than willing to "return home" to shoot our wedding. 

We are paying for everything ourselves.  So far, no offers of contributions from either family.  Good thing we're capping the guest list at 60, or I'd never be able to afford it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Money!
    Then the food,  the booze............did I say the money? 
    Plus, I want to lose weight for my wedding. Ugh!-been getting up at 5am to go to foxy booty camp SUCKS! 45 minutes of being raked over the coals- no fun!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_whats-the-one-just-pick-one-that-your-stressing-most-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3cf73d67-5df6-4979-a0e7-b909e9ea2661Post:01072655-db29-43bd-b0c3-dc9e52963467">Whats the one ( Just pick one!!! ) that your stressing most about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So ladies,,, I know we are a year out and to most this sounds like alot but its really not!! I know im a big stress ball... so much ive started to break out ( thank god for proactiv!) anyways....  <strong>I know im stressing about my venue and how it will  look..
    </strong>Posted by eddiesgirl11[/QUOTE]

That is the one thing I am NOT stressed about. I worked at my reception hall for 5 years back in the day, I have seen countless weddings there from the most simple to extremely decorated; so that has definitely helped calm my nerves.

What I do not like at all, is once you pick one thing (color, theme, etc) you have to run with it throughout the whole wedding. I don't want things all over the place so each decision limits what you can do with everything else. Maybe it is just me, and I am weird but that is what I am stressing about.
  • 300 PEOPLE.  That is what I'm stressing about.  300 PEOPLE.  It's insane.  And FMIL keeps asking why we can't have 500.  I'm so appreciative that my parents are footing the majority of the bill.  Good thing I'm older - the fund has grown over the years.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm worried about our budget and the guest list...ugh...
  • I am completely stressed over invitations.  I feel like they should be one of the easiest things to pick out but for some reason they completely scare me.  I can't find a design I like and am scared to go to a local shop because I am afraid they will cost a fortune.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress. I've been engaged for a little over a year and I have been to David's Bridal 3 times, Alfred Angleo twice, and a few local places. I've tried on like 50 dresses. I have yet to have the "This is my dress!" feeling. I'm going back towards the end of May, and I am serious about buying adress then. I'm just afraid that I'll never have the moment or that I'll buy the wrong dress. I only get one, and I want it to be perfect!
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_whats-the-one-just-pick-one-that-your-stressing-most-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3cf73d67-5df6-4979-a0e7-b909e9ea2661Post:570f6211-52cd-45cb-8f88-bba0a0d45bea">Re: Whats the one ( Just pick one!!! ) that your stressing most about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dress. I've been engaged for a little over a year and I have been to David's Bridal 3 times, Alfred Angleo twice, and a few local places. I've tried on like 50 dresses. I have yet to have the "This is my dress!" feeling. I'm going back towards the end of May, and I am serious about buying adress then. I'm just afraid that I'll never have the moment or that I'll buy the wrong dress. I only get one, and I want it to be perfect!
    Posted by Blondy214[/QUOTE]

My fear was not finding one single dress that I liked. Surprisingly for me I loved almost every dress that I picked out beforehand. That became a problem because then I couldn't decide. I have narrowed it down to 3. Everyone that I have talked to say which dress do you keep going back to. Which picture (if you took any) do you look at the most. That will most likely be your dress. Good luck!
  • My big stressor is the guest list. We are trying to get it down to 100. Right now we are at 114. I'm just worried that we can't afford to invite everyone I would like to have there :
  • I'm mostly stressed about the money and paying for it all too.  So far we just have the venue booked, but I'm about to book the ceremony (need to join the church), I'm about to go look at wedding dresses this weekend (not planning on buying yet though), I'm about to book a band, and now I'm looking at for photographers.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • my stress is the fear that i won't be able to get my vision out. also money because without a certain amount of money some things can't be done.  but im going to let go and let god because if i stress this early in the planning imagine what i will be like by decemberSurprised
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_whats-the-one-just-pick-one-that-your-stressing-most-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3cf73d67-5df6-4979-a0e7-b909e9ea2661Post:3415a4cf-7c13-476c-8d07-4891c396bf94">Re: Whats the one ( Just pick one!!! ) that your stressing most about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Money, and being able to pay for it all. 
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

I agree! Money is by far the worst....I got really upset thinking about how we would pay for everything I wanted. Obviously we cannot afford anything big so I've been trying to pick my most important aspects (like photos!) at the top of the list and paring down the rest...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I have to say I'm stressing about the money issue. As of right now I am off work after having major brain surgery, so I am not working, I have to find a apartment as my parents are moving and I have also used up all my medical benifits for the year. There are days I want to have a total melt down and just elope. But my fmil has made it clear we're not allowed to!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards