African American Weddings

So You Think Your FI Can Dance...

Must be nice because mine has two left feet. The funny thing is he likes to dance, he's just terrible at it. LOL I'm trying to teach him to do the Step in the Name of Love, Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle, and some other dances but wow, he said he couldn't dance and he meant it. Funny thing is, he is pretty good at ballroom dancing. We danced to a few songs and he had no problem taking the lead! Anyone else having this issue?

Re: So You Think Your FI Can Dance...

• edited December 2011
    LOL...My FI can't dance either. We went to a friend's party the other day and he was like "how about I just stand behind you and rub up against you". I'm like "honey, we're 32 and not in college...and that's NOT dancing".
    We took Salsa last summer and he was OK but has forgotten everything. Are you planning on doing a ballroom dance as your first dance? If not, what are you doing? I could use some suggestions Smile.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We are planning doing a ballroom dance which is nice. We have practiced a couple of times and he's getting better. I basically think that we will just let the music takes us where it wants to go. :)

• edited December 2011
    This is funny. My FI can't dance, but he swears he can. He can slow dance, but put on a upbeat song, and its a wrap. The more he drinks, the funnier and looser he gets, so its comedy...
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess Im lucky...FI can dance his @$$ off!!!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    MY DH is just too cool and uptight on the dance floor. . . He rarely dances and when he dances , it is so controlled and low-key as if he doesn't want to sweat.  I tease him all the time.

I love dancing and I can stay on the dance floor on night long. So when we go out, he dances a few times with me and then I am on my own to find me another dancing partner.   He sits back and enjoys the view of me dancing . . .

For our event, he has agreed to take dance lessons because I want our anniversary dance to be choreographed. . . so I am keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't change his mind.
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fi cant dance at all!  We are taking dance lessons to get through our first dance with some dignity. 

• edited December 2011
    LOL!! I think that mines can dance, but he is just hiding it! LOL!! He is shy.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI thinks he can dance.  Poor thing.  And he really thinks he can step (it's a Chicago thing).  I'm from Philly, took stepping lessons (clearly not from him) and step better than he does.
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI and I both have two left feet.  We're just going to sway from side to side during our first dance song. 

• edited December 2011
    I'm with Tyswife2Be my FI can dance
  • edited December 2011
    All my FI can do is slow dance...he claims he's knees is preventing him from dancing.  LOL....I know the truth
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that my FI can dance! 
  • edited December 2011
    My FI can't dance at all. Poor thang lol. He really doesn't want to do the first dance....so I plan on cutting down the dance to  about 2 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards