North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

inexpensive alterations

Hey,
 So I am getting my wedding dress altered at davids bridal- way over priced but they garentee the dress and its got all sorts of details and needs to be let out and I am worried someone else would mess it up...

Anyway, I have a second dress for the "after party" and our reception the following month for people who couldnt attend out wedding. I got a short, fitted, strappless dress. Well it doesnt fit right and I need it altered, nothing much just a little taking in here, and a hem there. I dont want to pay a lot since its not really my wedding dress and it only cost me $75 (on sale!!) to begin with- i dont want to pay more for alterations then I did for the dress!!

Any ideas of someone local (im in cary, but will go throughout the triangle) thats inexpensive and does a good job?
Thanks!!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: inexpensive alterations

• edited December 2011
    I'm trying Krystyna's tailor shop. I  can't vouch for the work yet as I just made my appointment today, but (after Olga, who is booked through July) she seems well recommended and the reviews online state she's reasonably priced. She's located in Cary of Kildaire farm rd
  • britzer152britzer152 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Olga! she's off of Leesville Rd in Raleigh you def. need to call her she is amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11-12-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicVisit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
    163 accepted!
    9 can't make it
    116 haven't responded yet....
    RSVP Date October 12, 2011

• edited December 2011
    I have always gone to Lee's Tailors!  They have several locations