Moms and Maids

Re: Fils

• Options
    Wow, entitled much?

It is very rude of you to complain about a RD that your FILs have nicely offered to host.  Inviting 100 people is a lot and will cost a lot of money.  You should be grateful that they offered to host it.  But if you are unhappy about the "cheapness" of the event and if it doesn't live up to your high standards then politely decline their offer and pay for it yourself.

As for the bridal shower prize.  Who the fruck cares if she accepted the gift?  She won the game right?  Then she is the rightful winner of the prize.  And how dare you belittle her present to you just because it didn't cost as much as you expected or wanted.  That is what makes you seem so entitled, to think that your FMIL should spend a certain amount on you.  That is ludicrous and rude.

She is entitled to her opinions and if you don't like them then you don't have to listen to her.

I think you need to re-read your post just so you know how rude you are coming across.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_fils-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:3dca0d94-4412-4c7f-9b5b-37129ab7570aPost:96177c32-764d-420b-b689-43fa3893e258">FILs</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're so cheap.  I am embarrassed by my rehearsal dinner at this point.  They also insisted that we put the invitation for the rehearsal dinner in the formal invitation and never paid my parents back for it.  I told them it was $280 and they told me that they don't understand how a flat card could be that much.  WELL- there's 100 of them and they are letter pressed.  They said they would have just printed something on teh computer and given it to me to stuff int he invitations had they of known that... AS IF THAT WOULD HAVE EVER HAPPENED!  I am not goign to fold a piece of computer paper in to my letter pressed invitations TYVM!   MIL also accepted one of the beautiful basket prizes my bridesmaids made for my shower (probably about $50 worth of goodies) because she won a trivia game about HER SON!  Are you kidding?  How tacky to accept a prize... especially when it cost more than the gift she gave me. Which, by the way, she told me a few days later when commenting on how my shower was so 'extravagant' and how many expensive gifts i got she said "Well, we've already done this before" referring to the fact that my fiance had alraedy been married once.  I thought that was kind of mean- I never would have said anything about the fact that her gift cost less than the gift I got from the lady that taught me sunday school.
    Posted by laurenlizzyb[/QUOTE]

You invited 100+ people to your RD(100 invites to Mr & Mrs). 

I could say some things about your MIL but than I would have to also tell you what I think about you after reading your post.
  • Options
    You should be embarrassed about your attitude.

• Options
    Deleting is rude, not that you care about manners.
    Thanks for the quote, ilovemike.

• Options
    Deleting your post doesn't make you seem any less like an entitled, rude, and selfish person.  Sorry.

• Options
    I am sorry if I come off that way, however it is frustrating when you offer to pay for something from the very beginning because you know that you have a family that is much larger than is typical. My FILs insisted, and now I've lost any say-so in what happens, where it is, etc.  I don't see how that makes me rude.  I should have a say in these things, I think. 

I never said anythign to my FMIL about her gift, and never would have, or never will.  She brought it up, and said something kind of hurtful.  So yes, I am very upset with her.  And no, I don't think that makes me rude. I think you are all confusing my message board rant with what I actually said to her- which is absolutely nothing. But whatever.
  • Options
    While it was inappropriate for her to say they had "been through it before", I understand you are frustrated with it all, but yes, your post made you sound very entitled.

Why not order some cheap Vistaprint invites and just mail them separately for the RD? That's what I did...the color scheme was similar, but otherwise, I didn't really see a need for them to match the invites exactly.

Also, I would LOVE if my FILs would offer to pay for our RD...or anything for that matter, but I will just appreciate it if they make it to the wedding period. We are doing our RD so we can afford it and it will not be fancy...but everyone will be together and I think we'll have a good time. If you're that stressed about it, you should have declined their offer to pay for the RD, saying you appreciate their generosity, but you've got it taken care of.

Just be glad you have one less thing to worry about and let it be.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards