California-Inland Empire
Options

I get to.....

have a babyshower!!!!!
Well Kasi already knew this :0) but I'm getting sooo excited :0)
My sister is due in mid June and her boyfriends mom (yes she's not married... sigh... trying to be positive) is going to have her a shower in mid May.  So I think I'm gonna have one in late April or the 1st weekend of May.
So I have already found the perfect cake! and the some decorations Im gonna use for my front porch
Eeeckkk I'm so excited!

Re: I get to.....

• Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooops! almost forgot the most important part
    I'm going to be an aunt!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha Syl...yes the important part is you are going to be a TIA!  I bet that is super exciting!  I can't wait for the day I can say the same.  Why two showers?  Are there 2 different groups of people going to them?  What colors/theme are you going to do (I may be throwing one for a friend and need ideas).
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to say...CONGRATS (again)!  LOL.

CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That's awesome auntie Kasi!:)
    My 16 year old just had a baby in January.  I was so dissapointed that she didn't wait!  (her boyfriend is a bum) but the baby is so awesome...his name is Jake:)
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Her boyfriends mom offered to have 1 big one at her house for both families but my family can be a lil weird, Im afraid they wont show, so I told her to let his mom know I wanted to do have one for her myself (this also helps me light a fire under Jareds(my husbands) ass so he can put grass in the backyard and I can get new carpet :0) hehehehe Win Win !
    She wants brown and pink, its gonna be out doors my back yard isnt huge but it'll do
    I found some cool idead on Martha Stewarts website,
    I must really miss wedding planning cuz I was contemplating sending out save the dates! hehehe
    Michelle~ Congrats on the grand baby, I can imagine its disappointing I was 16 when I had my 1st son. You'll all get thru it just be there for her and support her but do not take over for her thats the mistake my family made. They made it so easy for me that I got pregnant again at 18!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_i-get-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69Discussion:4659df24-98ce-432c-9e7d-8cdc7d5e4422Post:d75cb142-943b-43ec-aceb-3737fb534476">Re: I get to.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome auntie Kasi!:) My 16 year old just had a baby in January.  I was so dissapointed that she didn't wait!  (her boyfriend is a bum) but the baby is so awesome...his name is Jake:)
    Posted by goldilockslovespolkadots[/QUOTE]

Sylvia's going to be the auntie...not me fortunately/unfortunately. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh cool Syl!  I am going to have to harrass you about what you found and how you decorated when/if I do the shower for my friend.  How exciting to plan another big event!!

Michelle - congrats on the grandbaby as well.  He;s adorable!  How old?  I completely agree with what Sylvia said.  Support her and let her take responsibility for the child, don't do everything for her.  Andrew and I have discussed how we would handle the situation of our daughter (she's 8 now) were to be a teen mom.  My mom had me when she was 16 and we had a hard life for many years.  I don't want my kid to end up the same way.  My mom's parents didn't support her...then again this was like 22 years ago (**wink wink** you like how I just made myself way younger than I really am huh?  LOL!!!)  
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    woohoo I love baby showers!

and congrats on soon becoming an aunt syl :)

cute grandbaby michelle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!!! :)

Kas- I would love love love to throw a Dr. Suess themed shower- all red and baby blue...or a Willy Wonka one that's mostly decorated in candy. They have a ton of super cute ideas on google :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on becoming a TIA Syl! Baby showers are so fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Tia Sylvia =)

• Options
    hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on becoming an aunt!!! Planning the baby shower should be fun :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats Syl!  I cant wait until I get to be an AUNTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun planning the shower!  Have you ever made a diaper cake..that is my absolute favorite thing to do!

Michelle- I had my son at 21 and I thought I was too young.  My mom didnt let me off easy...My life was and is my son since birth which has made me a responsible mother...You can help her but dont be too easy on her....Congrats on the Grandbaby though...Very beautiful Blessing :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! :0)
    Im soooo excited !!!!!!
  • Options
    sorry syl!  I am a dork and don't read...:)  CONGRADULATIONS!

KASI...:)  He is 6 weeks.  She was BARELY 16 in fact it wouldn't at all be unlikely that it was ON her bday that she got pregnant.  Her boyfriend is 21!  (her bf is lucky to still be breathing:)

She does almost everything for him, she is a really good mom, but I hate that she made me a grandma at 25*  HA HA, I CAN DO IT TOO!:)

Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards