Delaware
Options

Rockwood Carriage House

I am looking to get married around October - December 2012.  I am now realizing how expensive everything is and I think I will be forced to have a Friday wedding.  We love the Rockwood Carriage House, but I just want to make sure I am getting the best deal.  Does anyone have any advice on the location or is planning/or had their wedding their recently?  Also, has anyone had any feedback on Friday night weddings, do guests get upset?

Thank you in advance for all of your help.  Love this site so far Laughing

Re: Rockwood Carriage House

• Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    i had a Wednesday wedding at rockwood & i found that if someone cares, they'll get to ur wedding however they can. i even had someone show up late (as soon as they could) even though they were shipping out to south korea a week later & was on the phone as well as working all that morning/day

as for rockwood itself, i can't say enough great things about them. they really worked with me & customized everything to help fit in my budget (total wedding budget was $5k) to the point i was even able to afford a videographer!
  • Options
    My best friend is getting married at the Carriage House on a Sunday...they've been so pleased with the service and the price!  It's nice too that you bring your own liquor so you can try to save in that area.

I don't have much feedback on Friday wedding, but my good friend and I are both having Sunday weddings next year and no one seems to mind.  The non-traditional days are the only financial option for a lot of us.

I picked Sunday because it's important for me that a majority of the guests can make it to the actual ceremony, which is harder on a Friday, especially if your ceremony and reception are 25 mins apart, like mine are.  If you want a more intimate ceremony, or you're getting married at the reception site, Friday should be fine!  Not having work the next day is always a plus.  If anyone gives you crap, they're just the kind of person who likes to give crap.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply I didn't know there was a response to my post.  Where does that notification show up??

Thanks for the advice!  I did book Rockwood on Friday and it is turning out to save me money on other things as well!  Best of luck to you and your friend!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards