Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination wedding

I want to plan my destination wedding and don't know how or where to start I have read some bad reviews about DW.com please help..

Re: Destination wedding

• Welcome and congrats. 

It can get very overwhelming and stressful planning a dw. I think the first thing you need to do is decide on where you would like to go. If budget isn't much of an issue you may choose to go to europe or australia. If it is, you may be thinking about places such as the Dominican Republic or Mexico. Do you prefer an all-inclusive resort? Are children traveling with you? You need to think about all of this when deciding on the location. I know it's a lot, but once you decide on the location everything seems like a piece of cake. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto Terri - location is key.

FI and I sat down and decided what we wanted for our ceremony/reception. (For example: we wanted warmer than WI weather, scenic, ability to serve all types of alcohol, venue that comes with coordinator or is all-inclusive wedding package)

Then we decided on a budget

Then we figured out who our must have list of invitees was and talked to them to see what they would be willing to do to go to our wedding (i.e. out of state travel? out of country travel? long weekend? week long trip?)

We picked out a couple of random spots and tried to figure out which ones fit all of the info we already decided in the above steps.

Welcome, congrats and good luck!!
  • Thanks!! So I've decided on beach wedding a few children traveling and very low budget. All inclusive resort Dominican Republic would be my first choice. I wouldn't know how to coordinate traveling with my guests
  • We've been using Beach Bum Vacations to help coordinate the travel, and book a block of rooms. They've been very helpful, both in location scouting, and coordinating with the resort. Once we settled on a location, they helped us book a block of rooms, and put together a package of information that we could send our guests letting them what arrangements had been made, and how to book. Really can't recommend them enough. We've been working with Beach Bum Nanda. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second cevans.  We are working with Beach Bum Joanne and couldn't be happier.  We knew our location before we contacted Beach Bum Vacation, but I believe they can help you narrow down locations that suit you.  They're also FREE. Joanne has been wonderful, and responds to all of my questions in a really timely manner. 

Welcome to the board, and happy planning :) 
  • I have heard great things about Beach Bum although we have our own travel agent at home we are working with. I did talk to a Beach Bum rep and she was extremely helpful although i did not like, although i told her my budget she was still pushing the 2,000 dollar a person resorts and not recommending any others. 

I am also a Dominican Republic bride. 

First things first what is your budget? because you also have to factor in your resort and their wedding package. I noticed with looking at DR a lot of the packages did not include the services of the judge which was an extra 500 at some so keep an eye on that looking at packages to make sure that is included and not an extra cost. 

I myself look at apple vacations or funjet on my own to get an idea of the resorts and their prices at a ball park. Although i am sure there are other places to look at that. 

Welcome to the board and congrats 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards