Just Engaged and Proposals

I'm horrible, I know, but...

Thank you for all of your responses.  I think I just needed to vent before I approached the subject with him.  We talked it out and I actually understand why he did what he did.  Still not 100% okay with it but I have a better understanding.  And truth be told, I need to work on my control issues, so it was a good conversation for both of us. 

Thanks so much, and good luck to everyone.

Re: I'm horrible, I know, but...

• Do you have a picture of it? I really cant imagine it being that bad.

Personally I wasn't 100% in love with my ring at first but I couldn't imagine another ring on my finger. It doesn't look like the other rings I picked out at all. Except that it has a very dark blue sapphire. The ring was picked out especially be your fiance. He did his very best and has the best intentions. He took in what you said and tried to get something better (what he thought was better) then CZ at a price he could afford.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never really know what to say on posts like these.

I can understand the disappointment that it isn't what you wanted. But at the same time, it's what he picked out and I think he's genuinely trying to make you happy.

On the other hand, I don't understand why guys sometimes just don't listen to the requests of their GFs when they say things like this.

I think I'd leave it for a few days and see how your feelings change. I know a lot of girls are surprised by the style of rings that are picked out for them, but they do grow to love them. It's something he picked out for you- and just like you said, it's a symbol of your commitment to each other. In the end, the ring really isn't that big of a deal. I think the wedding matters more than the e-ring, and the marriage matters even more than that.

I hope that helps somehow.
  • I think that since it will be on your finger for the next 60 years, you should be able to get the ring you want in his budget.  I don't think your horrible for asking for that.  Something that I'm learning quickly is that compromise is the true art of every amazing marriage.  Most places do come with a return/exchange policy if you hate it so much that you can't see yourself wearing it ever.  But make sure that you tell him how much you loved the romantic gesture of trying to surprise you with a ring.  That is very sweet of him!
  • When bf was asking around for what I wanted I flat out told him I hate diamonds. He wasn't to comfortable with looking at other stones but I told him my favorite gem stone, opal, and he grew to like it better. The price is a plus as well. ;)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards