Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Where do you shop for a difficult MOB?

So, my mother is elderly and uses a walker or wheelchair to get around. She does not want to go anywhere to look for a MOB dress. Well, if she does, it will be a miracle. Does anyone know of a place that would be good for someone who isn't very mobile? I mean, I know most, if not all places, would be handicap accessible, but my mom is very... how should say it... Persnickity? I think her ideal is to have dresses brought to her home, and she tries them on in private and sends what she doesn't want back. Anyone have any ideals? Any places that anyone used for maybe an elderly grandmother or something?
Thanks!

Re: Where do you shop for a difficult MOB?

• Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom has mobility issues.  She isn't difficult but it is tedious to take her shopping.  She and my sister live in Texas.  My sister took my Mom's measurements and then they shopped online.  They ordered a couple of dresses from Macy's. (The order was over $75 so they got free shipping).  She chose one and then returned the rest.  I think they ordered 3 in total. 
    Good luck!

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of ordering a few dresses.  I would also suggest Nordstrom.  Their staff can be really friendly and if you say what they are looking for, they will be really accomodating and bring the dresses to the dressing room.  Also, they will havea  wide selection, because not every MOB likes the typical MOB dresses

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • arf3420arf3420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ordering online is probably a good idea.  I just did that with bridesmaids dresses.  I ordered four different styles from J Crew, had my MOH try them all on, then returned them to the store near my house.  It was free shipping, and no charge to return, so it worked out very well!
  • teryan2321teryan2321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards