Florida-South Florida

Cake Flavors..

I'm looking for cake and frosting flavor recommendations. We are using a friend of a friend that bakes out of her home so they don't have samples like a normal bakery does. We have gotten cakes from them in the past for bday and showers but no wedding cake yet.

So what are you ladies doing? This post is making me hungry!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Flavors..

• The first layer is chocolate, second is Vanilla rum, third is Pina Colada and last is almarretto. We did not want a filling since most of the flavors have some sort of alcohol it was difficult to match them with a filling
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • u can always make appointments at bakerys to taste test some samples .... they would never know u arent going to book .... and then ull have an idea of the different flavors and frostinigs to use 

our cake is a white cake with pineapple orange filling with a normal buttercream outside 
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    YUM!

We are doing alternating layers of funfetti w/ buttercream and amaretto w/ amaretto.

I think your most standards are: white, chocolate, rum, anything fruity or Florida-y, almond. I'd ask your friend to taste the flavor (s) you decide on before you committ! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My cake is boring...its just all coconut with buttercream frosting lol

• We have red velvet and vanilla rum all with buttercream. I like the idea of making cake tasting apts though to see what you like!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no idea what we will be doing ... FI isnt a big sweets person so that's all my dept lol I'm considering doing a marble. There's a place in Sunrise that does free cake tasting on Saturday's if your in that area that could help.
  • We're doing cupcakes- buttercream, strawberry and double chocolate. Also, a square top tier cake with banana filling and a white fondant.
  • Since our wedding is coffee themed, the cake will consist of an espresso infused layer, hazelnut layer and devil's food layer lovingly surrounded in a mocha frosting. My mom is a Certified Master Cake Baker/Decorator, so she is going to hook her baby UP! LOVE THAT LADY Kiss

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing Bottom Layer Coconut with Coconut Filling, 2nd tier Key Lime and 3rd Tier Pineapple with Pineapple filling. Buttercream on the outside.
    *** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards