Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What size labels do you use for addressing invites?

I have address labels 5630 and I feel like they are kind of small for invite. What did you use?

Re: What size labels do you use for addressing invites?

• Options
    You really shouldn't use labels of any kind for wedding invitations.

You could print directly on the envelope if you didn't want to hand write addresses, which is the prefered method
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_what-size-labels-do-you-use-for-addressing-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:f3cec6ed-180f-4418-8c9a-8aa5f54182d6Post:b203419d-9ef3-4492-8253-220c5a02cd84">What size labels do you use for addressing invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have address labels 5630 and I feel like they are kind of small for invite. What did you use?
    Posted by marisa719[/QUOTE]

You don't use labels at all.  Weeding invitations should be hand addressed.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Does it really matter label or no labels? Chances are people throw away the envelope right away, at lease I do. I think 5630 is a good size.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Formal correspondence should be hand written. If you are unwilling or unable to do that or to pay for a calligrapher or to have your FI do it, then at least print directly on the envelopes.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Your invitation - and specifically, the envelope it arrives in -- is the first impression your guests get of your wedding.  Don't ruin that impression by using a label, even if it's in a fancy font with a little heart in the corner.  Either hand address or print directly on the envelope.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_what-size-labels-do-you-use-for-addressing-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:f3cec6ed-180f-4418-8c9a-8aa5f54182d6Post:6e4c0b11-ccc1-499f-8e00-5ef8873910e3">Re: What size labels do you use for addressing invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Y<strong>our invitation - and specifically, the envelope it arrives in -- is the first impression your guests get of your wedding.  Don't ruin that impression by using a label,</strong> even if it's in a fancy font with a little heart in the corner.  Either hand address or print directly on the envelope.
    Posted by Peavy[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  There's something half-assed and generic about a label.  You don't want people thinking your wedding will follow suit.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards