Maryland
Options

Wedding at Seacrets in Ocean City MD

Has anyone had a wedding here, if so how is the food and would you reccomend there?

Re: Wedding at Seacrets in Ocean City MD

• Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Well I have never been to a wedding there, but Seacrets is basically the happening place in OC, so I never knew they would host a wedding!  I always associate seacrets with partying and loud music, unless you do this during the day...
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea we are getting it rented out from 1-5pm. they close off a section for you. We are going to see it at the end of may so I should know more then.
  • Options
    ohkkristaohkkrista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last summer I was there one night and an entire wedding showed up at 12 to party.. like 100+ people! The bride was in her dress and everything.. I'd be a little iffy myself because I wouldn't want my dress to get ruined by the sand or spilled drinks, but it would be a blast. They were hilarious and danced all night!
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I know you said that they close off a section for you since it is only one section of the entire place I would be concerned that drunkards would disrupt the ceremony.  Seacrets is a pretty crowded party spot throughout the entire day.  It is definitely not a place that I would ever think of to get married but to each their own.  I guess if you are looking for something extremely casual and basically a big drinking party go for it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I responded on the thread above. I really urge you to go to Seacrets during the day and stay there ALL DAY and into the night so that you can really get a feel for the atmosphere. You said that you will be visiting in May, and if your wedding will also be in May then this is great, however, if you're planning your wedding for later in the summer you should go back and visit it during this time. Seacrets gets extremely crowded and rowdy and you should know exactly what you are getting yourself into. I honestly cannot imagine a wedding there, but everyone's taste is different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I just want something laid back. I'm not looking for something crazy nice. We will be getting married on June 16th, so its the closest time frame. A wedding will be getting ready to start there when we visit, so I should be able to see how everything is presented and see the surroundings.  After the reception we are definately going to come back to seacrets to party, but I will definately not wear my dress. lol. Thank you for all your feed back. I just hope its what I'm thinking it will be. I will definately post again after i visit and fill you all in on what i think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One Sunday during a summer a couple years ago, I was at a table in the water at Seacrets when all of a sudden, there was a wedding on the pier next to us. It was very interesting. Keep in mind, I highly doubt Seacrets will close off any part of their property for your wedding (maybe Morley Hall during the day, but that's not a classy part of the establishment), so you will have onlookers, just like we witnessed this couple's wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It is crowed all day - not just at night.  If they are proposing to have your ceremony on the pier just keep in mind that is right next to all of the floats and water tables.  Also, they run a boat shuttle to/from the pier for everyone that is parking their boat in the bay.  With that said, I was actually floating out in the bay on a raft last summer when someone had their ceremony and everyone there was very respectful during the ceremony (keep in mind that the DJ did not stop) and the bride and groom got a big cheer when they said I Do from the crowd! I think it would be a great party atmosphere - good luck! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards