Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Bridal Show this Sunday!

Bridal Show at the Barn at Overlook this Sunday, April 11 from 12-4.

Re: Bridal Show this Sunday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also one at Stokesay Castle in Reading from 12-5
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy Cow!  You mean Stokesay Castle is back in business!!  AWESOME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes they are! Just re-opened under new management supposed to have everything redone inside too. They even changed the name of the lane from Spook Lane to Stokesay Lane I'm excited to see what they did with the place!
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So did you go?  How was it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to The Barn expo and it was okay I guess! I was unprepared. I wanted to check out the barn (fiance works for the company and had never seen it either) as a reception venue but literally have nothing planned yet. No date set in stone, nothing done at all. I've never been to a bridal show before other than "mine" (I coordinate one) and since this was NOTHING like mine I was totally overwhelmed and just wanted to leave. LOL. I wasn't interested in Mary Kay or getting a new "consultant" for the other multitude of similar self-run businesses there pushing their products. Everyone pulled me over to their table to ask a million questions about my wedding that I didn't have any answer to. I'm the type of person to walk around and observe, ask questions when I have them and approach people I want to talk to and the "sales pitch" type people there made me uncomfortable. Everyone was super super nice but in a "COME OVER HERE NOW AND I WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT EVERYTHING I WILL DO FOR YOUR WEDDING AND HOW GREAT I AM AND HOW GREAT YOUR WEDDING WILL BE WITH MEEEE!!!" kind of way. I just wanted to run away. Maybe bridal shows are not for me!!! At least not until I have some planning done.
    WHEW that was long, sorry. I had to get it off my chest!
    Also, The Barn was nice but probably not for me. There was too many other things (driving range & mini-golf just steps from the barn, plus a dog park, people skateboarding/biking, sports fields, etc) all around that made it seem less "private" than I'd expect a country barn type place to be. I dunno. It didn't have the atmosphere I was looking for. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stokesay bridal show was pretty decent.  A lot of good vendors and I didn't think they were too pushy or obnoxious.

I'm getting married there in August and very excited!  They did a beautiful job of remodeling it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards