New Jersey - South

Dress shop recommendations?

Hi ladies,  I am coming to NJ this weekend so that I can go dress shopping with my mom and some family members and wanted to know if you could recommend some shops.  I know about Jay West and Irma's bridal but wanted to know if there were any others that I should check out. TIA.

Re: Dress shop recommendations?

• J3nn-NloveJ3nn-Nlove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if it would be a far drive for you, but I found my dress at Brides and Grooms in Newark, DE. Small shop, but suprisingly, had a lot to choose from! The ladies there are so nice, and are determined to help you find that perfect dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Tesi Bridal in Ventnor especially if you are going to Jay West. If you find a dress you like at Jay West there is a very good chance Tesi will have it or be able to get it for hundreds cheaper. Jay West really marks up their prices its unbelievable! Besides I have been to a million shops and hers is the best around!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Tesi In Ventnor.  If you go there, I suggest you make an appt so you have thier attention for a few hours.  Its a small store, but they have a large selection and they pay attention to what you want and ask for.  I bought my dress and BM dresses there.
  • sbf2sbf2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Garden in Marlton is great. I loved working with Gillian, she was so helpful and really worked with my budget...actually came in $200 under my budget! Also, she gave me a lot of guidance with the bridesmaid dresses which are absolutely beautiful and the colors we are doing. All my bridesmaids are so excited that they are getting designer dresses for David's Bridal costs...love them!

I thought Jay West wasn't so great with bridal, they don't focus on it. Definitely a good place for prom and mother of the bride dresses, but I found the bridal selection too limited and 'poofy'. A lot of the dresses seemed to be from the 80's...and the dresses  they advertised having like Casablanca they didn't have any samples for.

Country Way Bridal in Haddonfield also has a nice selection, but her prices were way marked up. It's a good place to look though, then try finding the same dress elsewhere when you do find it.  I tried on a few dresses that were $1,000 more than Bridal Garden was offering.
  • edited December 2011
    Yours Forever Bridal in Voorhees, NJ.  Nancy, the store owner is a sweetheart and very easy to work with.  They are not puxhy at all either.
  • SunRun11SunRun11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will second the Bridal Garden in Marlton recommendation.  I haven't actually purchased my dress yet, but have been working with Debbie and she's very helpful.  They really listen to your taste and bring you dress after dress after dress to try on!  Looking forward to making a decision there soon.  Be sure to make an appointment before going.  Good luck to you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards