Favors

M&Ms

So my FI and I were going to do those "custom" M&Ms you can get online, but I'm starting to doubt the need to spend the money on that. But M&Ms are our favorite candy, so I wanted to give them out. What i"d like to do, since we'll be a fall wedding (next fall) is just buy a bunch of bags of the fall colored M&Ms that they sell this time of year. But my very random question is does anyone know specifically WHEN these go on sale generally? I know it obviously changes by store, region, etc., but thought I'd ask? In case anyone has some sort of crazy M&M insider tip?
Anniversary

Re: M&Ms

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The personalized M&Ms are also quite expensive.  I think fall-colored M&Ms are a better idea:-)  Don't know when the bags of fall-colored ones come out, but I do know that you can go on the M&M website and order quanitities of specific colors -- they are a lot less expensive than the personalized M&Ms, though still a little more expensive than just buying at the store.  

Also, storing M&Ms for almost a year could get a little bit dicey.....
    DSC_9275
  • lehc723lehc723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right, no, exactly, sorry-- I'm not buying them now! I meant more, if I'm going to need them at the end of NEXT September, will they be out yet?

(I more don't trust myself to not eat all the M&Ms by then.)

Thanks! Good call on the bulk order. I could also go to the M&M store in NYC, I suppose, but I bet that's pricey, too.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You could always order a few custom M&M's and then mix them with plain ones. They don't all need to be the custom ones.
  • edited December 2011
    You can also just get custom "thank you" ribbon to tie the bags with. That will make your favor a little more customized but not cost anything near what custom M&M's cost.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In my area, they can usually be found in mid September.  If your heart isn't dead set on the actual M and M brand candies, there are several websites that offer the candy Sixlets, which I think comes in a very close second in taste.  You can buy these in bulk in just about any color you can think of, and at half the cost of M and M's.

nutsinbulk.com
    nutsonline.com
    ohnuts.com
  • lehc723lehc723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_mms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4c4057c4-d82f-4ffe-8302-bbbb454bb9d5Post:9b09c307-ee99-40bb-94dd-bbdd78af5f7e">Re: M&Ms</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my area, they can usually be found in mid September.  If your heart isn't dead set on the actual M and M brand candies, there are several websites that offer the candy Sixlets , which I think comes in a very close second in taste.  You can buy these in bulk in just about any color you can think of, and at half the cost of M and M's. nutsinbulk.com nutsonline.com ohnuts.com
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! This is so helpful!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards